website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

6 hours ago, hckošice said:

Nothing official of course, just our team leader in TV said that in one of the NOC pre-games meetings they were informed that athletes are "expected" to leave at latest 2 days after their competition,

There was a famous incident at the last day of the Sydney Olympics where the only British athletes who came down to the early breakfast were the Modern Pentathletes Steph Cooke & Kate Allenby and the Boxer Audley Harrison - they ended up with 2 Golds and a Bronze.

4 hours ago, Oldira said:

Ireland's NOC has  booked 45 Rooms outside the village for athlethes that are finished in competition but want to experience the Olympic Experience. The main reason they want athlethes out as soon as the finish is not to disturb those yet to compete. Seemingly the behaviour in the vilage got more raucous as competions finished.

I remember Jonathan Edwards got heavily criticised for complaining about the bad behaviour of British swimmers - all done after week one, not many medals in those days, but high condom usage - disturbing the athletes who all went in week two. 

Edited by Grassmarket

Just now, Grassmarket said:

I remember Jonathan Edwards got heavily criticised for complaining about the bad behaviour of British swimmers - all done after week one, not many medals, but high condom consumption - disturbing the athletes who all went in week two. 

Without meaning to be rude about our piscine crew, swimmers at the Olympics are absolutely notorious. Given the relatively monastic life required prior to the Games, the hard bodies created, the week with complete time to kill, it is not entirely to be unexpected...

7 hours ago, hckošice said:

Our NOC always blame the IOC is forcing them to send athletes home at latest 2 days after their competition, so, I am not sure how it works for the big guns obviously but for us small teams it is this way. Tury who is super excited for his olympic debut at 31 years, will compete in skateboarding already on day 1 and was already informed he have to leave the village on Monday, majority of athletes will not be even arrived to the games at that time

I think it has more to do with how many rooms the NOC's have booked and how many people they can accommodate within them. More of a cost thing than an IOC thing

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

Just double checked, and it is not mentioned, but I am pretty sure they will be taxed. in this country everything is taxed :mad:

oh, no...if I come to SVK after retirement, I get my fee at 100%, no taxes to be paid (it's the last European Nation to allow such favourable regime after Portugal decided to scew European -especially the many Italians- retired people going there to enjoy the last stint of their life with no State robbery and good life tenure)

come to Italy...and you'll discover the next level in terms of absurd taxation :facepalm: :wall: :hairpull: :bones:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

oh, no...if I come to SVK after retirement, I get my fee at 100%, no taxes to be paid (it's the last European Nation to allow such favourable regime after Portugal decided to scew European -especially the many Italians- retired people going there to enjoy the last stint of their life with no State robbery and good life tenure)

come to Italy...and you'll discover the next level in terms of absurd taxation :facepalm: :wall: :hairpull: :bones:

Better be careful, they might have to pay :FRA taxes as well. They’ll be hitch-hiking back to Bratislava.  :yikes:

2 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Without meaning to be rude about our piscine crew, swimmers at the Olympics are absolutely notorious. Given the relatively monastic life required prior to the Games, the hard bodies created, the week with complete time to kill, it is not entirely to be unexpected...

The myth is always male swimmers need no sex but female swimmers could do with more. Apparently not true through.