website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

By the way, which moron thought it'd be a good idea to have the heptathlon and decathlon at the same days? :hairpull: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Gender equality 

Yeah true, I guess it is equal when both are equally impossible to really pay attention to with everything else going on :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, which moron thought it'd be a good idea to have the heptathlon and decathlon at the same days? :hairpull: 

When reading the schedule for the following day, I increasingly get surprised at the lack of marathon and race walk events. We are going to have 3 walking events in 1 day, aren't we? :rolleyes:

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

When reading the schedule for the following day, I increasingly get surprised at the lack of marathon and race walk events. We are going to have 3 walking events in 1 day, aren't we? :rolleyes:

The main race walk on an unholy time on Thursday evening/Friday morning and then two days of midnight marathons, which all come after two days of pre-midnight open water swimming. Come Sunday afternoon, I am going to drop into my bed and sleep straight to Beijing 2022 :d 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

This seems to be one of World Athletics' Big New Ideas this season - had it at the European U20s and U23s as well.  

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Men's 20k - Thursday

Men's 50k - Late night Thursday/early Friday

Women's 20k - Friday morning

Women's marathon - Saturday morning

Men's marathon - Sunday morning

So you will have time to savour every glorious moment of each.