website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

36 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

:bowdown: impressive to see :bowdown:chusovitina qualify ...she is well past 40 so what an amazing performance 

Rio 2016 will be her SEVENTH Olympics!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I remember thinking she was old in Athens 2004! Here we are in 2016 and she is still putting in top class performances on the international stage. I admire her commitment, it amazes me....25 years ago she won her first World Championship title.... the same year Red Star Belgrade won the European Cup in football, Miguel Indurain was winning his first Tour de France and Mike Powell and Carl Lewis were having a world record duel in the men's long jump! Her longevity is just amazing :)

Farah Abdul deserved a better fate. She's a good gymnast, but she had a terible day. There's a chance she gets the quota through invitation, though.

Tarik Soto (Costa Rica) could get the invitation in Men's Artistic, Farah Abdul (MAS) in Women's Artistic and Adisa Bjelic (BIH) in Rhythmics. This would be fair.

and that's when the tripartite invitations?

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Farah Abdul deserved a better fate. She's a good gymnast, but she had a terible day. There's a chance she gets the quota through invitation, though.

Tarik Soto (Costa Rica) could get the invitation in Men's Artistic, Farah Abdul (MAS) in Women's Artistic and Adisa Bjelic (BIH) in Rhythmics. This would be fair.

and that's when the tripartite invitations?