website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

1 ora fa, dcro ha scritto:

Yeah, I don't wish a fail. If I don't attend the equestrian events at Versailles then I'm probably never going to attend the Olympics. :p

please, don't wait for the Olympics to visit Versailles...just go there and enjoy that wonderful place as soon as you can...you won't never regret spending a long weekend out there (even without a sport event surrounding your trip, actually, it would be better if you're free to live the experience without any further "distraction")...;)

il y a 5 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

no, not at all...

I agree to some extent. But eventually, we, the olympic fans, are going to disappear. Any brand need new customers to thrive.

So are the Olympics doomed one way ot the other ?

6 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

wow VERY disappointing, :cry: I hope one day they learn they can't FORCE "youth" to enjoy the Olympics. this is just not for everybody. the Olympics will have its fans unless they ruin it like this.

this is a terrible news for Karate athletes. I mean these sports are amateur. Olympic can make a huge huge difference for them. imagine you are a 20 years old Karate athlete probably was planning for the next olympics. this is why I hate adding sports just for one edition.

moreover, I just can't imagine what's gonna happen now with the qualification first and the actual competion of Tokyo 2020 then...

I mean, now everybody knows this is going to be just a one shot, one-hit wonder...and I fear that many bad things are gonna happen behind the scenes to ensure a spot first and a medal then, with no chance to make up for anything getting missed on this only Olympic appearance of the sport...:(:mumble::facepalm::wall:

7 ore fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

I agree to some extent. But eventually, we, the olympic fans, are going to disappear. Any brand need new customers to thrive.

you know, I think that  certain things can't and shouldn't be changed...

such long time existing events like the Olympics must follow the flow they've always been following...

they're made of and for a certain kind of people, of and for a certain kind of audience and they should exist only if and until those people are there to justify their existence...

meanwhile if you want to look for something else, just build some new events tailored on the "new" audience you're "stalking"...new places, new disciplines, new rules new targeted markets and people around...that's the only way to capture all the attention and have success...

it's not a house you can renovate and rejuvenate with only a few partial works...here it's about an ancient monument that has to be preserved as much as close as the original building on one side and a completely new complexe that should be built from the foundings to the roof with all new stuff on the other side (and then, just then find the way for both to co-exist in the same environment)...

there's no way you can have all the modern technology if you live in a 16th Century Castle...gotta build a new house and let the old place to those who are still OK with the old habits...

Edited by phelps

You know what? As silly as breakdancing is at least it’s a physically challenging and unique exercise. It’s not what anyone wanted, but it’s not e-sports. It’s not an affront to sport as a whole. I mean artistic events were even held in the Olympics before, and it’s not that unlike, say, gymnastics. And it’s not a permanent event either. Having rotating ‘innovative’ events while maintaining the 25+ core disciplines (let’s not forget, these new sports are a tiny FRACTION) is a good balance to have, I think.

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

13 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

You know what? As silly as breakdancing is at least it’s a physically challenging and unique exercise. It’s not what anyone wanted, but it’s not e-sports. It’s not an affront to sport as a whole. I mean artistic events were even held in the Olympics before, and it’s not that unlike, say, gymnastics. And it’s not a permanent event either. Having rotating ‘innovative’ events while maintaining the 25+ core disciplines (let’s not forget, these new sports are a tiny FRACTION) is a good balance to have, I think.

Save the innovations for the World Games, period. How can you even judge breakdancing? I have no idea. Gymnastics have a code for every move and they're often repeated anyway. If breakdancing goes Olympics I'm not watching this crap for like 2 seconds even if you paid me to do it.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Save the innovations for the World Games, period. How can you even judge breakdancing? I have no idea. Gymnastics have a code for every move and they're often repeated anyway. If breakdancing goes Olympics I'm not watching this crap for like 2 seconds even if you paid me to do it.

I agree, and I won’t watch it either. But- The point is to keep things in perspective. It’s not permanent, it’s not e-sports, no existing sports were removed, and new sports are a tiny fraction. Could have been a lot worse. Everything we love about the Olympics will still be there.

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

What even is "new audiences" for you? I don't think kids care or think much about fiscal policy.

Late teenagers or people in their 20's. The real 'kids' probably just want to see stuff they do themselves and I never see anybody breakdancing here. Also, skateboards were cool 15 or 20 years ago :p Now it's video games or, heavens forbid, watching videos of people playing video games.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

53 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Honestly, I doubt that. I think since forever youth has been 'against' the established stuff like rules and burocracy, but here we are, enjoying it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 1 minuto, heywoodu said:

Late teenagers or people in their 20's. The real 'kids' probably just want to see stuff they do themselves and I never see anybody breakdancing here. Also, skateboards were cool 15 or 20 years ago :p Now it's video games or, heavens forbid, watching videos of people playing video games.

ehm... don't think teenagers or people in their 20s care too much either. Also younger people tend to be "leftist" anyway.