website statistics

Historical Sport Pictures

Gianlu33

Image may contain: indoor

this was the poster of the 1st pan Arab Games being held in Alexandria Egypt also in 1953 just a year after 1952 Military Coup or Revolution as u wish to name it with egypt being turned into a republic rather than a kingdom 

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing  

this photo was taken outside Alexandria stadium and the 2nd man to left is one of legendaries of weightlifting in Egypt and maybe internationally as well Khedr Al Touny 

24 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing  

this photo was taken outside Alexandria stadium and the 2nd man to left is one of legendaries of weightlifting in Egypt and maybe internationally as well Khedr Al Touny 

Not "maybe", he is indeed famous internationally, I think I have read a story that Hitler personally awarded gold medal to him in 1936 after defeating the two Germans with a big margin

3 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Not "maybe", he is indeed famous internationally, I think I have read a story that Hitler personally awarded gold medal to him in 1936 after defeating the two Germans with a big margin

i heard the same story also , do u know that Indonesia participated in the 1st Pan Arab Games in 1953 as a guest   

35 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Now this is the story I haven't heard before :d

Y’all were the Australia of the Pan Arab Games :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country in the world. Them taking part in Pan Arab Games makes more sense than you probably realize ;)

Well, besides them not being Arab. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela