website statistics

Men's Football UEFA Under 21 European Championship 2019

Mkbw50

well, I'm surprised by this afternoon's result...but at least it keeps Italy's chances fair (it takes the chances of a "gentlemen's agreement" between AUT and GER in the last round to end both with 7 points off, which is very, very important given the history of those 2 teams - 1982, do you remember, Algeria?)...

now the danger comes from FRA and ROU...hopefully they don't get a draw in their direct match-up and so we will only need to win (really) big against BEL (who are already out of contention) to be the best runner-up among the 3 groups (I don't think that ESP will actually win by 1 or 2 goal margin vs POL and gift us the group victory)...

il y a 9 minutes, phelps a dit :

well, I'm surprised by this afternoon's result...but at least it keeps Italy's chances fair (it takes the chances of a "gentlemen's agreement" between AUT and GER in the last round to end both with 7 points off, which is very, very important given the history of those 2 teams - 1982, do you remember, Algeria?)...

now the danger comes from FRA and ROU...hopefully they don't get a draw in their direct match-up and so we will only need to win (really) big against BEL (who are already out of contention) to be the best runner-up among the 3 groups (I don't think that ESP will actually win by 1 or 2 goal margin vs POL and gift us the group victory)... 

italy will finish 1st of group a, germany that of group b and France of group c

But at least we had chance It is really impressive that small country like Serbia had/has so many chances to qualify in team sports (men's and women's basketball, men's and women's volleyball, men's and women's handball and men's waterpolo + we had in men's football). Talented nation for team sports.

I don't get why anyone would care about olympic qualification in men's football. The top players won't be released by the clubs. It's likely that not even the top players of this tournament (played in June) would be allowed to play in Tokyo (in August, so in pre-season).

Everyone except Japan will be there with their C u23 team.

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

I don't get why anyone would care about olympic qualification in men's football. The top players won't be released by the clubs. It's likely that not even the top players of this tournament (played in June) would be allowed to play in Tokyo (in August, so in pre-season).

+we have Euro 2020 in june.

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Because participating in the Olympics means participating in the Olympics! ;)

hace 1 minuto, Agger dijo:

Because participating in the Olympics means participating in the Olympics! ;)

Olympics are meaningless for men's football. Nobody cares, not FIFA, not the best players, not the federations.  London was the last semi-serious tournament, Rio was a complete joke already, Tokyo I don't want to imagine. The clubs have become too powerful and they are more greedy than ever before.

Sure, those kids that go and play will care. However us as spectators or fans.... I'm not sure it's even worth watching in such conditions.