website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2017

heywoodu

2 hours ago, Agger said:

I don't think he gives 0 fucks. It makes perfect sense to use him now that Froom isn't wearing yellow!

Troubles with what he did yesterday at the end, apparently he already has a deal with Movistar for next season....I seriously doubt Sky is happy with what he did today, despite Knaven saying it was the plan (and rightly so, everything that screws up Froome's chances is a good thing in my book) :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4twABB0YovAaKQzwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Stage 14

Saturday - July 15th, 2017

h. 13:20 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:FRA  Blagnac - Rodez  :FRA

181.5km - Rolling

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CZFURRFUZTYEq8fgaIoiqIoSmz5vwADAFNOyK4QN

Z

If there's ever a perfect chance for Matthews to win, it's tomorrow. Van Avermaet seems to be getting stronger as well, but outside of those two, everyone would be a surprise I think. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Louis Meintjes is not very much liked among cycling fans (not at all on the Dutch forum because all he ever does is hanging in the last wheels, without any hope for anything better), just saw this post from I think Cyclingnews forum (but I'm not sure) posted on the Dutch one, pretty much spot on :p

ca46aca20c.png

il y a 37 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Louis Meintjes is not very much liked among cycling fans (not at all on the Dutch forum because all he ever does is hanging in the last wheels, without any hope for anything better), just saw this post from I think Cyclingnews forum (but I'm not sure) posted on the Dutch one, pretty much spot on :p

ca46aca20c.png

It's not really Meintjes' fault (or any similar rider), he is not the one calling the shots. DS do and they do according to the World Tour and its points distribution. As long a top 10 Tour finish will award as much points as TWO stages wins, it is not going to change anytime soon.

IMO, the World Tour is one of the major (if not the major) for the lack of spectacle these days in cycling.

PS: yes, that's from cyclingnews :yes

Edited by De_Gambassi

2 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

It's not really Meintjes' fault (or any similar rider), he is not the one calling the shots. DS do and they do according to the World Tour and its points distribution. As long a top 10 Tour finish will award as much points as TWO stages wins, it is not going to change anytime soon.

IMO, the World Tour is one of the major (if not the major) for the lack of spectacle these days in cycling.

PS: yes, that's from cyclingnews :yes

Yes, but other riders at least try to go on the attack. Maybe it's UAE's DS fault, but it turns Meintjes into a rider that won't be remembered at all, not even if he finishes ten times in the top-10. Just like Maxime Monfort who completely invisibly has gone to a boatload of top-20 finishes in grand tour GC's :p

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=140536&season=&c=3&code=riderstats-grand-tour-starts

il y a 2 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Yes, but other riders at least try to go on the attack. Maybe it's UAE's DS fault, but it turns Meintjes into a rider that won't be remembered at all, not even if he finishes ten times in the top-10. Just like Maxime Monfort who completely invisibly has gone to a boatload of top-20 finishes in grand tour GC's :p

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=140536&season=&c=3&code=riderstats-grand-tour-starts

Maxime who ? :p

Not a single win since the Bayern RundFahrt ... in 2010 . Such fun, such palmares.

Il y a 1 heure , hckosice a déclaré:

Monfort always when I hear this name I remember of one of your funny guys interviewing athletes in your TV. Nelson :d

He is only funny when you're in front of the TV, not when you're interviewed by him :d

Spoiler

http://www.programme-tv.net/news/sport/34504-jo-2012-la-maladresse-de-nelson-monfort-choque-les-internautes-video/ (in french)

How funny to bring your recently passed away mother during an interview in live TV... (there are many many more...)