website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's quite obvious...:whistle:

now he has to make the most money out of his wonder-success in Tokyo, which means he literally won't even train for the next 6 months at least...

he'll be appearing in any tv & radio show day after day and every night he'll be the guest star in every disco-party in all the most famous discos in Italy...

that's how you make money in Italy if you're not a footballer of a F1/MotoGP driver or a Tennis/Golf player...

no way you can get I'm not even daring to say rich, but just wealthy if you practice any other individual sport than those named above...

Too bad organizers of big Diamond League meets and such would never pay a good amount of money for an unknown athlete like the Olympic 100m champion.... :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Too bad organizers of big Diamond League meets and such would never pay a good amount of money for an unknown athlete like the Olympic 100m champion.... :p 

trust me, there's no comparison between 4/5 meets fees and what he's gonna make with all the tv/radio/party appearances...

if he goes to "dancing with the stars", for instance, he's gonna spend about 10/12 weeks full time training and playing that show...and he's gonna get at least 200/300 k €/episode...

and I'm only talking of one show (even if the top show on the main Italian TV channel)...

p.s. even the great Bolt himself, how many DL meets used to race in a year? 

Not that many...

he had to do a lot of non athletics-related things to make all the money he made...and he was already the icon and the most recognizable figure of world athletics even before starting collecting gold medals here and there...

9 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58193282
Jacobs break is not due to injury according to his coach. 

whatever are the true reasons, envy is really a bad feeling...

you're gonna live a lot better if you only look at yourself...trust me...

forget about the rest of the world...stay home and enjoy what you get, your own cheaters included...:raspberry:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

it's quite obvious...:whistle:

now he has to make the most money out of his wonder-success in Tokyo, which means he literally won't even train for the next 6 months at least...

he'll be appearing in any tv & radio show day after day and every night he'll be the guest star in every disco-party in all the most famous discos in Italy...

that's how you make money in Italy if you're not a footballer of a F1/MotoGP driver or a Tennis/Golf player...

no way you can get I'm not even daring to say rich, but just wealthy if you practice any other individual sport than those named above...

You can also compete ad Grande Fratello during some international events. Right Basile? :evil:

2 hours ago, phelps said:

p.s. even the great Bolt himself, how many DL meets used to race in a year? 

Not that many...

Yep, which is why I wasn't a (big) fan of him neither. The best or at least most enjoyable champions show up outside of only the one or two big events as well.

Which is entirely their own choice, obviously.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Out of nowhere Anna Kielbasinska becomes the 2nd fastest woman at 400m in Polish history. She run 50,38 in La Chaux-de-Fonds today :yikes:

That's 0,03 faster than Swiety-Ersetic's PB. Only Irena Szewinska's old WR 49,28 is better.

And lets remember that she wad badly injured four months ago and it was unsure if she will be able to compete in this season.