website statistics

Judo Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

I have another question: I know qualification ranking closes now, but, will this ranking also be used for seeding at the olympics? or that will be done with the very last ranking before Rio?

9 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I have another question: I know qualification ranking closes now, but, will this ranking also be used for seeding at the olympics? or that will be done with the very last ranking before Rio?

World ranking I think.

30 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The rankings at end of qualification (May 30) will be used.

9 hours ago, LDOG said:

The draw will be conducted by officials from the IJF on 4 August 2016 at 2.00pm. Two (2) members from each team will be invited to attend. The top eight judoka per weight category from the IJF World Ranking List, updated at the end of the qualification period (30 May 2016), will be seeded. All other judoka will be randomly drawn

3 minutes ago, stamura84 said:

what does happen if some countries reject the quota?

like my son says.... MESS!

if someone who went through the top 22/top 14 rejects it it goes to the next one , however if it's someone who rejects the continental quota then it goes back into the continental quota list. so if south africa rejects the quota it goes into the african continental quota. If there is no one else to take , which is possible because africa and oceania already dont have enough judokas to fill the quota then it just goes to top athlete not yet qualified as long as no one from that country qualified in his weight (also have to be whatever gender have quotas remaining)

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

like my son says.... MESS!

if someone who went through the top 22/top 14 rejects it it goes to the next one , however if it's someone who rejects the continental quota then it goes back into the continental quota list. so if south africa rejects the quota it goes into the african continental quota. If there is no one else to take , which is possible because africa and oceania already dont have enough judokas to fill the quota then it just goes to top athlete not yet qualified as long as no one from that country qualified in his weight (also have to be whatever gender have quotas remaining)

example: -48KG female..... after qualified directly,there are payet ( continental quota) rishony (continental quota),moscatt (no quota,because already 2 european continental quotas) .in case of  REJECT  of somebody.who will qualify?payet? or moscatt? i ask this because if the pass goes to payet ,moscatt become continental quota of italy and marconcini (italy) doesn't take the quota (that at moment he has)