website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

On 20/12/2020 at 19:00, Werloc said:

You can make your guesses which nation is going to become the 7th nation in the medal table. My money's on Austria.

Russia, Austria and Ukraine are all good choices.  But I am going to go with Slovenia or Switzerland.

Tiril and Doro are just the perfect women. :wub: :d

Norwegian star reveals Christmas plans: “I’m going to have sex”

" At a press conference after the mass start when Tiril Eckhoff sat on the podium together with the winner Marte Olsbu Röiseland and the third Dorothea Wierer, the Norwegian revealed her plans for the Christmas holidays.

- I will eat, sleep and have sex, Eckhoff said with a laugh.

The Norwegian quickly received support from Wierer.

- I'm going to do the same thing." 

• 2 weeks later...

Ukraine Team:

Male: Dmitry Pidruchny, Artem Prima, Ruslan Tkalenko, Taras Lesyuk, Artem Tishchenko.

Women: Daria Blashko, Julia Dzhima, Elena Pidgrushnaya, Katerina Bekh, Vita Semerenko or Anastasia Merkushina.

The choice between Vita Semerenko and Merkushina coach Juraj Sanitra will be decided later.

The Russian Men's Biathlon coach, Valery Polkhovsky, has tested positive for COVID.  Alexei Volkov, the woman's coach will handle both teams.

Speaking of Russia, Alexander Bolshunov has been at the center of rumors that he might consider making the jump to biathlon.

And finally, there if lots of snow, and Fog!  (There always seems to be fog in Oberhof).

jpg

Hochfilzen, Oberhof and Ruhpolding have a history of limiting Eastern European biathletes screen time over the years. At least they won't show the usual crowd shots but I'm pretty sure there will be some German or Norwegian shown crossing the timing line on course rather than a Russian or Czech shooting on the range :d

I‘m really interested in the new course. Especially the women relay course is much harder then last year. There is a tuff new downhill after the Birx Steig. They reach about 80 km/h.

And the Birx Stieg is longer and steeper and they have to run under a tunnel at the end of it.