website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

And the twin brother of Minigiyan Semenov came out of nowhere (didn't participate much recently) destroyed everbody to win the quota. right when there are rumors about doping of his brother ! Russia was supposed to send Labazanov but there were rumors about him and doping as well !

lol I feel it was Mingiyan himself :d who knows

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

And the twin brother of Minigiyan Semenov came out of nowhere (didn't participate much recently) destroyed everbody to win the quota. right when there are rumors about doping of his brother ! Russia was supposed to send Labazanov but there were rumors about him and doping as well !

lol I feel it was Mingiyan himself :d who knows

:lol: what are you think about men's 75kg? Who is in your opinion favorite for quota?

Just now, dareza said:

:lol: what are you think about men's 75kg? Who is in your opinion favorite for quota?

Let me see the draw first, but Armenia will be a big big favorite here with Julfalakyan. then Bacsi of Hungary. but still it depends on the draw

So, we have all the qualified athletes for today...

Men's Freestyle

-57kg

Garnik MNATSAKANYAN (ARM) and Vladimir Vladimirov DUBOV (BUL)

-65kg

Andriy KVYATKOVSKYY (UKR) and Magomedmurad GADZHIEV (POL)

Men's Greco-Roman

- 59kg

Sanal SEMENOV (RUS) and Kristian FRIS (SRB)

-66kg

Tamas LORINCZ (HUN) and Shmagi BOLKVADZE (GEO)

45 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, actually only the finals he won in Las Vegas and at the recent Europeans were "close bouts" (plus we have to admit he won clearly but only after a controversial call - probably he should have lost that bout - against Asgharov in Las Vegas)...

but all the other fights were really dominated by him (the only loss he had in Belarus earlier this year doesn't mean nothing...he was just preparing the Euro Champs and didn't take that tournament so seriously)...;)

Well I don't "admit" that, :d he could lose to Gadzhiev in very first round. that wasn't easy for him against the North Korean guy. personally I ALWAYS consider winning by fall in wrestling as accident which happens sometimes but you can't count on that, he beat Mohammadi by fall when Mohammadi was aggressive for the whole period just a moment of mistake and he got pinned while the score was just 2-2.

Did he dominate his opponent in a not-high-level Euro  ? no, he almost lost the final , Kaya just did a dumb mistake, he was leading and he was on top, he could just wait and let the clock works ! and you can see what happened to Kaya here, he lost the guy who lost in next round. he is indeed one of the favorites in Rio but sometimes he makes things complicated against average wrestlers like Kaya and Novruzov (yes i think Novruzov is just average who beat Ramonov in Vegas by accident) I think there are 4-5 gold medal favorites here, Chamizo is one of them.

PS: I secretly would consider our Mohammadi as the gold medal favorite but he just lost the trials today ! :cry: and most probably won't go to Rio.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Let me see the draw first, but Armenia will be a big big favorite here with Julfalakyan. then Bacsi of Hungary. but still it depends on the draw

Chalyan is on start list for Armenia, and Szabo for Hungary

48 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Chalyan is on start list for Armenia, and Szabo for Hungary

That's interesting, are they injured ? :mumble: or they are just saving them for the next weekend ? which is logical, next week tournament is a bit weaker than this. most notable non-European wrestlers are already qualified and those Europeans who wrestle here will be tired next week.

from this start list, I see Cebi from Turkey ! he alongside Datunashvili of Georgia plus your wrestler will be favorites. but who knows :d

btw if I wanted to write my picks for today I would pick 4 out of 8 qualified male wrestlers. Dubov, Gadzhiev, Bolkvadze and Lorincz, and I didn't pick anybody for top half of 59kg.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

That's interesting, are they injured ? :mumble: or they are just saving them for the next weekend ? which is logical, next week tournament is a bit weaker than this. most notable non-European wrestlers are already qualified and those Europeans who wrestle here will be tired next week.

from this start list, I see Cebi from Turkey ! he alongside Datunashvili of Georgia plus your wrestler will be favorites. but who knows :d

btw if I wanted to write my picks for today I would pick 4 out of 8 qualified male wrestlers. Dubov, Gadzhiev, Bolkvadze and Lorincz, and I didn't pick anybody for top half of 59kg.

no idea :dunno:

2 out of 6 for today is less than i would have wanted to be honest. Stas and Duduva were never favourites, so their loses aren't unexpected, but i was really disappointed in Novachkov. After last years Worlds and the way he was blatanly robbed of a medal i was sure he would be one of our qualifiers. Let's hope he brings his A-game for next week. And finally Kostadinov did awesome, but unfortunately he had to face the only russian today, who was a machine....

Edited by Federer91