website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2021

rybak

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

My predictions will go horribly wrong like every year, but this is what I expect today:

Jury Winner || Top5 || Top10 - :FRA  ||  :POR  :SUI  :MLT  :BEL  ||  :ISL  :ITA  :NED  :SWE  :BUL 

Televote Winner || Top5 || Top10 - :UKR  ||  :ITA  :SUI  :ISL  :RUS  ||  :FIN  :FRA  :SRB  :LTU  :AZE 

Overall Winner || Top5 || Top10 - :ITA  ||  :SUI  :FRA  :ISL  :UKR  || :POR  :RUS  :MLT  :FIN  :SRB

I don't have the balls to predict Switzerland winning because they are only 5th at the bookies, but this kinda suggest that I should. It's one of the few songs that can get a lot of points from both the audience and the jury, and I am afraid that jury will once again not give enough points to Italy. 

Anyway, if the voting is all over the place like in 2019, that can help Switzerland to be the next Arcade, or any other song that ends up in the Top5 in both the televote and in the jury voting. Maybe it can also be Iceland, that's the most unpredictable song. France is the obvious jury favorite that needs enough points from the televote, Italy and Ukraine are the televote favorites, and will need the blessing of the jury to win. 

:GBR humiliation.  Ungrateful sods. If it wasn’t for us y’all Europeans would still be listening to Sacha Distel, Nana Mouskouri & polkas.

3 minutes ago, NikolaB said:

Don't be so sure ; BTW My votes tonight will go to Barbara

thank you, italy and malta are a threat, and if switzerland wins this evening by singing in french, i would ask myself the question if it is not france itself which poses problem in view of other european countries, and not our language

12 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

:GBR humiliation.  Ungrateful sods. If it wasn’t for us y’all Europeans would still be listening to Sacha Distel, Nana Mouskouri & polkas.

The UK will be in the Top10 again when they will finally take it seriously and send someone who can actually achieve a good result. Or when they hire famous songwriters like Andrew Lloyd Webber and Diane Warren in 2009. Out of all the countries competing the UK should have the easiest job to win, for years my impression has been that either BBC is completely incompetent when it comes to Eurovision and music in general, or they are deliberately sabotaging themselves.

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

thank you, italy and malta are a threat, and if switzerland wins this evening by singing in french, i would ask myself the question if it is not france itself which poses problem in view of other european countries, and not our language

You have my vote today