website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I dont know why FINA persists with B standard. It just creates confusion. I am sure there are multiple swimmers with B standard in all events who are not qualified (same as London). Why not just have A standard and then fill remaining quotas (after Relay and Universality quotas) with best from the rest. 

yeah tell me something about :d we have 4 swimmers which reached B standards and many times, but ok we knew the rules, but must say that waited and were sure (not saying only me, but all slovak sport sites and our swimming federation) that one of them our young swimmer Andrea Podmaníková will receive invitation in 200 breast, somes counted also in 100m breast, because she really nearly missed the A standard 2 times, but unfortunately it doesn´t worked, and we are probably the only country in the world it seems with Algeria too to didn´t received any invitation :lol:

22 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I dont know why FINA persists with B standard. It just creates confusion. I am sure there are multiple swimmers with B standard in all events who are not qualified (same as London). Why not just have A standard and then fill remaining quotas (after Relay and Universality quotas) with best from the rest. 

In this case B standards are useful with double starters. If a swimmer qualifies with A standard in one event, he/she can also compete in events where he/she has B standard.

Croatian swimmer for example used that rule and she will compete in 3 events (even though she has A standard in only 1). Bunch of other nations have also used that option.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

In this case B standards are useful with double starters. If a swimmer qualifies with A standard in one event, he/she can also compete in events where he/she has B standard.

Thanks. So, its like MQS in Shooting.