website statistics

Olympic sports program review

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

If the Haudenosaunee are allowed to compete

I'd assume they would form the Canadian team?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'd assume they would form the Canadian team?

If they aren't allowed to compete independently (and tbh I don't expect they will) they will likely refuse to compete at all. The Haudenosaunee players have a fairly strong aversion for competing for either Canada or the US.

Cricket has a smaller version and is played in Hong Kong called 'Hong Kong sixes' where there are just 6 players per side with 5 overs per innings. The ground is much smaller too and therefore sixes are very common

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Cricket_Sixes

4 hours ago, phelps said:

yes, you can!

provided it's a football stadium with the athletics track (it would only require minor adjustment, like a carpet to cover the track and make it a playable surface) :evil:

I remember that they also played a world cup semifinal at the Eden Park in Auckland, which is a rugby stadium with some space around the rugby lines ;)

The laws state that the boundary length must be minimum 60m, but since Eden Park was already a Test venue, all formats can be still played and the law is ignored. But future grounds must follow the boundary length rule

9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

If they aren't allowed to compete independently (and tbh I don't expect they will) they will likely refuse to compete at all. The Haudenosaunee players have a fairly strong aversion for competing for either Canada or the US.

If it were a demonstration sport, they should be allowed. If not, then not, I guess. Letting an entirely separate entity compete by itself for the sake of one single sport feels wrong...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think they're overestimating the depth from the West Indies. Once you get past :BAR:GUY:JAM:TTO the other Caribbean nations are not relevant.

Cricket's issue is not interest as there are enough nations which compete at a high level it's the sport-specific venues required (like baseball/softball). Unfortunately, you can't fit a cricket field in a football stadium.

The 2024 T20 World Cup was hosted by :LCA :ANT and :VIN . The current vice captain Alzarri Joseph was born in :ANT . Darren Sammy who was World Cup winning captain is from :LCA

Edited by Siddhartha Talukdar