website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Website, Apps and Results System Road to Paris 2024

ESPN has this, but it's far from complete yet. For tomorrow, for example:

https://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2024/schedule/_/date/20240727

They forgot lots of qualifiers, early rounds in things like judo and so on, but do have a separate entry for every single tennis match (but not badminton) :p 

Surely an improvement, but the search continues for something good.

Edit: BBC seems to be much more complete, and somewhere in between the official one and ESPN in terms of the amount of space they use. Not great, not terrible.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/paris-2024/schedule/2024-07-27

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The official site is so severly lackluster that they aren't even listing the start time of each invidiual heat. I mean, why do I have to look up a pdf document to see when a rowing heat starts, why can't they also list that on the webpage of the heats? 

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Edit: BBC seems to be much more complete, and somewhere in between the official one and ESPN in terms of the amount of space they use. Not great, not terrible.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/paris-2024/schedule/2024-07-27

yes, now they only have to learn that in tennis, fencing, judo, etc. you need to name the athlete and not only the country to understand who is playing

Spoiler

Screenshot 2024-07-26 114448.png

Edited by Faramir

28 minutes ago, Faramir said:

yes, now they only have to learn that in tennis, fencing, judo, etc. you need to name the athlete and not only the country to understand who is playing

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, this I just never understood :lol: 

I see it on the forum here sometimes as well, things like this for an individual sport:

"Quarter finals will be 

:NED vs :TUR

:ITA vs :UZB

:ITA vs :ESP

:MLI vs :SOL 

"

Just name the athletes, it's about them :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The results system and live timing on the official site work perfectly so far. Just as i watch the event and 20-30 second after it finishes the results and times are updated on the site. :yes Let's see if it will be the same, when we get 20 simultaneous sports.

The official schedule keeps being annoying, meanwhile. Every time you switch to a different sport, of which you want to see just today's schedule, it goes to whatever is the first day for that sport. And select 'all sports', it goes all the way up the 24 July and you have to scroll down. Ugh.

Every year they manage to make things more user unfriendly :lol: 

Oh, just realized now, Ctrl + F to at least search for a certain sport basically doesn't work :lol: 

What a frustrating start of the Olympics :d 

I like that the live events are being shown in red and the the completed matches are collapsed. What i don't like is that it doesn't show the completed events as "finished" on the main schedule. Just add the word finished on the bubble, so i know, that event is done..