website statistics

Athletes from other Countries that you will root against at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

This is a joke, right? France for sure has so many awesome athletes who'd be great examples to carry the flag....

For the first time, athletes themselves will vote for the ones who will carry the flags. It's anybody guess who will get more votes.

Also N'gapeth is the only one of the contenders who took a stand regarding our current elections. Will it help him ? No idea.

32 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

The whole :BRN team won't get my support for sure. Nothing made me happier than seeing the sheikh failed in their "investments"

Kind of similar feelings here, although it's not against the athletes themselves (especially those in athletics). Also nothing against their shooters, as far as I remember they're usually Bahrain-born and raised instead of bought athletes :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tsitsipas, all bought/naturalized  athletes, Denmark handball men, Chinese swimmers, US track and field team (except Hall), US basketball men, 

Ingebritsen, Hakan Rebcer taekwondo, fake refugee athletes. 

and all Chinese table tennis athlete, I don’t dislike them, but would be nice if someone else wins. 

If this was 2012, i would have a very, very long list of people for this topic. But nowadays most of the athletes i grew up despising are either retired or irrelevant. Of course there are exceptions, like a particular rider in the Tour de France, who continues to put a stain...

But with the years, i'm not taking stuff so personally now. It's nice when favorites lose, but i'm not actively rooting against top names, like i would have a decade ago. 

So, not to be a cop-out reply :d

:USA Simone Biles and the whole US women's Artistic Gymnastics team - it's really irritating the over emphasizing and obsession Americans and their media get with women's gymnastics when the Summer Olympics comes. It's been this way from 2008, but has amped up in the Biles era. If she / they don't win every event it's doom and gloom. This is why, what happened in Tokyo was very satisfying for me. 

:JPN Naomi Osaka

:GBR Adam Peaty

:JAM Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

:AZE Mariya Stadnik

And pretty much don't want most "foreign" athletes getting medals for other countries.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

:USA Simone Biles and the whole US women's Artistic Gymnastics team - it's really irritating the over emphasizing and obsession Americans and their media get with women's gymnastics when the Summer Olympics comes. It's been this way from 2008, but has amped up in the Biles era. If she / they don't win every event it's doom and gloom. This is why, what happened in Tokyo was very satisfying for me. 

Kind of agree with this, yeah. Which I also find a shame, because Biles is obviously an amazing athlete to watch, so I won't be rooting against her personally or anything, it's just the insane hype around her that I can't stand...as if the Olympics as a whole would be non-existent without her participation.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, LDOG said:

Basically anyone from :CHN & :USA (nothing personal with the athletes but seeing someone from these countries win always feels like some bureaucratic action with no emotion taking place).

I can't really think of a better answer than this, I don't dislike many individual athletes personally.

I do have some extra dislike however for :USA Sydney McLaughlin, because it's just unfair that she's an unbeatable machine in the specific 400m hurdles discipline of our most huggable, nice, humble and inspiring athlete:cry:

6 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

I do have some extra dislike however for :USA Sydney McLaughlin, because it's just unfair that she's an unbeatable machine in the specific 400m hurdles discipline of our most huggable, nice, humble and inspiring athlete:cry:

:d 

I do dislike her lack of visibility overall in the sport. As in, barely ever competing. It's entirely within her rights, obviously, but it's a shame that someone of that level is so invisible in between major championships.