website statistics

How many medals do you expect from your Nation at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024? Road to Paris 2024

18-20. 5 golds. 

We arguably have a much stronger team than we did in Tokyo (despite -80 or so athletes) but my bet is that the majority of our medal hopes will flop, despite having a ton of chances. 

(… No I don’t actual think this will be realistic, but better to have low expectations than high expectations)

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Ted said:

Well, I'd say something like 5-6 medals for my country, Greece, (hopefully) including a couple of golds. What's your take on this, guys? 🤔 

I’d say you probably know best :d

But I’m curious to what events. Tentoglou in men’s long jump, men’s waterpolo team, women’s waterpolo team, few medal contenders in shooting, Ntouskos in men’s single sculls, few medal contenders in tennis, Petrounias in men’s rings, Kurugliev in men’s 86kg are all medal chances

Edited by Josh

3 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

17-25

But maybe no Gold Medals.

:yikes::question:

2 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

Very pessimistic prediction regarding the number of gold medals. It's not impossible, but it should be very sad that at least one of Medina, Beatriz Ferreira, Mayra Aguiar, Rayssa or Duda/Ana P. doesn't win gold.

Duda/AP are in horrific form (by their standards) right now, I can’t see them winning gold. 

Barbora/Carol are much more likely. 

:ESP

Wish: Break the Barcelona 1992 record of 22 medals, and we definitely have the potential to get ≈25.

Prediction: 20. Second best but not enough to break the record. Less than our average of 17-18 would be a disappointment. 

44 minutes ago, Josh said:

(… No I don’t actual think this will be realistic, but better to have low expectations than high expectations)

Nonsense, my man.

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, 

Or what's a heaven for"

We must live in hope, should we die in despair.

1 hour ago, Dkats said:

why do so many Dutch on this website underestimate your team so much? You guys are class right across the board imo

The Dutch are the Australia of Europe - sports mad eternal over-achievers. Dear god they even try cricket and hockey and do it well. We're screwed if they properly discover rugby.

34 minutes ago, Josh said:

I’d say you probably know best :d

But I’m curious to what events. Tentoglou in men’s long jump, men’s waterpolo team, women’s waterpolo team, few medal contenders in shooting, Ntouskos in men’s single sculls, few medal contenders in tennis, Petrounias in men’s rings, Kurugliev in men’s 86kg are all medal chances

You are so knowledgeable about Greek sports. I'm impressed! And I more or less agree with you on the medal prospects you mentioned.