website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2024

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Again, I'm not disputing that Lieke was poor by her standards. But I just don't get why you are seemingly cutting him more slack than you are her!

Simply because, in my opinion (and based on recent results), she was further from what can realistically be expected from her than Bonevacia was from what can realistically be expected from him.

But I feel this is never going to end, because we won't agree anyway, so it'll be a matter of agreeing to disagree :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Simply because, in my opinion (and based on recent results), she was further from what can realistically be expected from her than Bonevacia was from what can realistically be expected from him.

But I feel this is never going to end, because we won't agree anyway, so it'll be a matter of agreeing to disagree :p 

Be nicer to Lieke! :p :d

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ugh, Grøvdal so much deserved that win :(

Battocletti just glued to her wheel for 4900 meters, to use cycling terms.

It’s karma. Petter Northug anyone? ;)

3 minutes ago, Belle said:

It’s karma. Petter Northug anyone? ;)

That's Grøvdal's fault? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Amazing Italian relay :hyper:

Silver medal plus olympic pass almost secured.

Congrats to the amazing run 👏 👏 👏 .... Now I am hoping :CZE will stay on the qualifying position with 3:11,98 😬😬

Well, first day - amazing results by :CZE 18 y.o. juniors Jakub Dudycha and Petr Meindlschmid. At least Stánek made it to the final of shot put. Rest Czechs kinda behind expectations and there will still be a lot to do in order to keep the qualifying spot to Paris or even move up to one. Such as discuss thrower Marek Bárta who I believe would still need to take part in 2 competitions and make a great results in order to move up. 

Pity for race walker Martínková who was fighting for a medal and Olympic limit all the time until she got the 2min penalty. Let's hope other days will bring better results for our team 😀 

8 hours ago, Benolympique said:

can she make the Olympic minimas?

I decided to do a deeper dive on this. 

Currently, she has 3915 points. 

If she does an = PB in the remainder of her three events, she’ll record a mark of 6551 points, well above the Olympic standard. If she does an =SB in the remainder of her three events, she’ll record a mark of 6443 points, or 37 below the Olympic standard. 

But with how well she’s been doing so far she should have no problem achieving it, as long as she doesn’t no mark or anything like that. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I decided to do a deeper dive on this. 

Currently, she has 3915 points. 

If she does an = PB in the remainder of her three events, she’ll record a mark of 6551 points, well above the Olympic standard. If she does an =SB in the remainder of her three events, she’ll record a mark of 6443 points, or 37 below the Olympic standard. 

But with how well she’s been doing so far she should have no problem achieving it, as long as she doesn’t no mark or anything like that. 

Even if she doesn't get a Q, she's probably looking at 6300 as a bare minimum, even if she has relatively poor performances on day 2.

That would put her much higher up the list in the rankings, meaning that she's almost certain to get a place in Paris that way. I reckon as long as she gets to the end of the hept with disaster (injury, no mark in LJ etc) she's probably booked her ticket one way or another.