website statistics

Upcoming qualification events for GB Road to Paris 2024

Another one to add to the list starting on Wednesday - Table Tennis European qualifier. Tin Tin Ho and Anna Hursey competing in the women's event but with Liam Pitchford currently out injured, Paul Drinkhall is the sole GB athlete competing in the men's singles. 

3 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Another one to add to the list starting on Wednesday - Table Tennis European qualifier. Tin Tin Ho and Anna Hursey competing in the women's event but with Liam Pitchford currently out injured, Paul Drinkhall is the sole GB athlete competing in the men's singles. 

Pitchford looks fairly safe for a rankings slot.

14 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Busy few days for qualification/selection:

Rowing - Last Chance Regatta kicks off on Sunday. GB looking to add men's single sculls and women's double to the team.

Shooting - European Shotgun Championships start on Thursday with Trap qualifying getting underway on Friday.

Sport Climbing / Skateboarding / BMX Freestyle - The Olympic Qualifying Series for sport climbing and skateboarding gets underway in Shanghai on Thursday whilst the competition for BMX freestyle starts on Friday

Beach Volleyball - The CEV Beach Volleyball Nations Cup starts at the weekend. Hopefully the Bello brothers and Batrane/Bialokoz can do enough to be in the mix for a quota.

Athletics - Hypo Gotzis meeting. Not a selection event per se, but there's not a huge number of opportunities for our decathletes/heptathletes to get the qualifying standards so if you hit here, then you're pretty much guaranteed to be on Eurostar. Holly Mills, Abigail Pawlett and Jodie Smith are scheduled to be competing.

Athletics - Night of the 10,000m PBs. This is the official selection event for the 10000m. Both Megan Keith and Eilish McColgan have the entry standard already.  Although McColgan isn't competing this weekend, she is pretty safe for selection. Megan Keith is in great form and will be looking to revise her PB in what will be only her 2nd 10000m. Jess Warner-Judd is currently in a qualifying position through the rankings but will be looking to get the entry time of 30:40.00. 

On the men's side, Patrick Dever is the best placed GB athlete and he will be looking to shave about 9 seconds off his PB set at The Ten in March. Behind him, keep an eye on Charles Hicks (needs 34 second PB) and Zakariya Mahamad who will be looking to join his brother on the GB team. To do that he will need to take 57 seconds off his PB so it may be a longshot. 

There is also Breaking at the Shanghai OQS.  No women, but 3 Men attempting to qualify. Pre-Selection on Saturday; Finals on Sunday.  A tough one with Top 7 only going through over after Budapest, but Kid Karam has an outside chance.  

16 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Busy few days for qualification/selection:

Rowing - Last Chance Regatta kicks off on Sunday. GB looking to add men's single sculls and women's double to the team.

Shooting - European Shotgun Championships start on Thursday with Trap qualifying getting underway on Friday.

Sport Climbing / Skateboarding / BMX Freestyle - The Olympic Qualifying Series for sport climbing and skateboarding gets underway in Shanghai on Thursday whilst the competition for BMX freestyle starts on Friday

Beach Volleyball - The CEV Beach Volleyball Nations Cup starts at the weekend. Hopefully the Bello brothers and Batrane/Bialokoz can do enough to be in the mix for a quota.

Athletics - Hypo Gotzis meeting. Not a selection event per se, but there's not a huge number of opportunities for our decathletes/heptathletes to get the qualifying standards so if you hit here, then you're pretty much guaranteed to be on Eurostar. Holly Mills, Abigail Pawlett and Jodie Smith are scheduled to be competing.

Athletics - Night of the 10,000m PBs. This is the official selection event for the 10000m. Both Megan Keith and Eilish McColgan have the entry standard already.  Although McColgan isn't competing this weekend, she is pretty safe for selection. Megan Keith is in great form and will be looking to revise her PB in what will be only her 2nd 10000m. Jess Warner-Judd is currently in a qualifying position through the rankings but will be looking to get the entry time of 30:40.00. 

On the men's side, Patrick Dever is the best placed GB athlete and he will be looking to shave about 9 seconds off his PB set at The Ten in March. Behind him, keep an eye on Charles Hicks (needs 34 second PB) and Zakariya Mahamad who will be looking to join his brother on the GB team. To do that he will need to take 57 seconds off his PB so it may be a longshot. 

The Night of the 10,000 PBs is the most fun an athletics fan can have with their clothes on.

4 hours ago, Cmon Mary said:

There is also Breaking at the Shanghai OQS.  No women, but 3 Men attempting to qualify. Pre-Selection on Saturday; Finals on Sunday.  A tough one with Top 7 only going through over after Budapest, but Kid Karam has an outside chance.  

I'm sorry, but I cannot take seriously any event where the competitors are officially referred to as B-Boy Whatever. I just can't.

I can live with silly names in urban events - I cheered for Bombette and Sky Brown (think about, Sky Brown is silly. Should have called her Earth) but I draw the line at an official entry list containing 44 individuals all called b-girl. It's be like every single entrant for the 100 metres being called Speedster, or the 50m freestyle Splasher

I can't have that. At some stage, you have to value your dignity.

11 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I'm sorry, but I cannot take seriously any event where the competitors are officially referred to as B-Boy Whatever. I just can't.

I can live with silly names in urban events - I cheered for Bombette and Sky Brown (think about, Sky Brown is silly. Should have called her Earth) but I draw the line at an official entry list containing 44 individuals all called b-girl. It's be like every single entrant for the 100 metres being called Speedster, or the 50m freestyle Splasher

On the other hand, I'm completely on board with Splashy Proud representing us in the pool.

Clearly, I value his dignity slightly less than you.

2 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

On the other hand, I'm completely on board with Splashy Proud representing us in the pool.

Clearly, I value his dignity slightly less than you.

It's my own diginity I worry about - I don't want to sit by the TV as Adrain Moorhouse cheers on H2O-Boy Ben tries to edge out H2O-Boy Cameron,

13 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

It's my own diginity I worry about - I don't want to sit by the TV as Adrain Moorhouse cheers on H2O-Boy Ben tries to edge out H2O-Boy Cameron,

Adrian would never stoop so low.

Andy Jamieson, on the other hand...

On 5/14/2024 at 6:20 PM, mpjmcevoy said:

You do know the French organisers included this "sport" just to annoy you don't you? For now all you can do is lie back and think of LA. :d

20 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

You do know the French organisers included this "sport" just to annoy you don't you? For now all you can do is lie back and think of LA. :d

Sounds just like something those sneaky b***tards would do!