website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Gonzaxene said:

It's not the only country that had been caught doped, athletes from many countries have cases in differents sports, even the US. Just because a chinese swimmer won comfortably doesnt mean he's doping

The whole team had a positive doping test ! And let me know once Caleb dressel get caught doping.    I wouldn't mention it if it was just a hunch.  It was a literal positive test.   If it was any other nation they would've been suspended and you know it.    It's a fact that China is doping 

In the end there’s basically 2 reasons why the Australia couldn’t top the swimming medal tally.

Firstly being the complete disappearance of Sam short which was such a shame as if he was in good form he would’ve been able to contend in the 400 and 800. Once I saw hafnaoui pull out I thought he would cakewalk both events if he competed like how he did in Fukuoka. He was critical to our chances and it’s a missed opportunity but I’m sure he will be back in LA. 

Secondly, the insane performance of Emma Mckeon in Tokyo which was gonna be insanely hard for any other Australian to replicate. She was just crazy in Tokyo winning the 100 and 50 frees and largely instrumental in the medley relay upset. Unfortunately MOC couldn’t follow her footsteps in the 100free, and Sarah Sjoestrom was just unbeatable this time around. In the end, we have 2 less golds than Tokyo and all of those 3 events I’ve mentioned that she won in Tokyo we couldn’t win this time.

One thing for sure is the US don’t dominate strongly like they used to.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Ofc Canada finishes 4th in the medal table, but ahead of a country full of potential dopers :clap:

Even those 2 golds should've been one to usa and one to Australia.   Guessing Macintosh should do really well in 4 years in a local time zone.    I expect usa to push hard to get back to the Rio type of domination. 

3 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I mentioned their trials few times already.

Wasnt impressed, men's team especially. 

USA is still good, but nowhere near generations 2000-2016. 

I heard that USA complained that Marchand and others are trained by Bob.

Apparentlly, he had more success with Leon than domestic ones. 

Some changes ahead of LA must be made.

Why would they complain? I'm sure Americans can train with him if they hire him.  It's not like he's in France.   He's in Texas.  

On 8/5/2024 at 5:56 AM, ChandlerMne said:

I mentioned their trials few times already.

Wasnt impressed, men's team especially. 

USA is still good, but nowhere near generations 2000-2016. 

I heard that USA complained that Marchand and others are trained by Bob.

Apparentlly, he had more success with Leon than domestic ones. 

Some changes ahead of LA must be made.

So many complaints about Marchand being trained by an American but if you for interests sake remove Marchand from the results no American gains a gold medal so Bob Bowman training Marchand (and Kos) isn't why the Americans did so poorly compared to past Olympics.

On 8/4/2024 at 10:15 PM, Maxim Fastovsky said:

The whole team had a positive doping test ! And let me know once Caleb dressel get caught doping.    I wouldn't mention it if it was just a hunch.  It was a literal positive test.   If it was any other nation they would've been suspended and you know it.    It's a fact that China is doping 

a) When you can „legally“ swallow half a pharmacy thanks to TUEs, you don’t have to take illegal drugs to enhance your performance.

b) The way Shayna Jack was treated/welcomed back by her teammates tells you all you need to know about how widespread/normal doping is among teams like Australia.

c) The Chinese swimmers were cleared. If you don’t agree with the decision, you should direct your anger at the organization that cleared them and maybe consider a boycott.

d) How is the U.S. with 300 million people winning 30 medals without doping, while China with 1500 million people barely wins 10 medals with doping? How is Australia with 1.8 % of the Chinese population and without doping winning twice as many medals as China with all its doped athletes? Are all their (foreign world-class) coaches complete retards or are the Chinese just genetically inferior (swimmers)?

Bonus question: It is widely known that the GDR had widespread doping. Why did they dominate on the women’s side while barely winning any medals on the men’s side? Are there any nations that currently show a similar pattern (tons of medals on the women’s side while barely winning anything on the men’s side)?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 8/4/2024 at 11:12 PM, intoronto said:

Ofc Canada finishes 4th in the medal table, but ahead of a country full of potential dopers :clap:

Imagine how dominant McIntosh would be with doping …

The Chinese are doped to the gills and still can’t even come close to her … a true miracle.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 8/4/2024 at 10:20 PM, Dkats said:

In the end there’s basically 2 reasons why the Australia couldn’t top the swimming medal tally.

Firstly being the complete disappearance of Sam short which was such a shame as if he was in good form he would’ve been able to contend in the 400 and 800. Once I saw hafnaoui pull out I thought he would cakewalk both events if he competed like how he did in Fukuoka. He was critical to our chances and it’s a missed opportunity but I’m sure he will be back in LA. 

Secondly, the insane performance of Emma Mckeon in Tokyo which was gonna be insanely hard for any other Australian to replicate. She was just crazy in Tokyo winning the 100 and 50 frees and largely instrumental in the medley relay upset. Unfortunately MOC couldn’t follow her footsteps in the 100free, and Sarah Sjoestrom was just unbeatable this time around. In the end, we have 2 less golds than Tokyo and all of those 3 events I’ve mentioned that she won in Tokyo we couldn’t win this time.

One thing for sure is the US don’t dominate strongly like they used to.

I think we might get a different picture in 2028. It wasn’t shocking to see non-European nations somewhat underperform (in a completely different time zone). The U.S. will for sure need to find new stars. I think Dressel and Ledecky will combine for 1 gold at the most in 2028.