website statistics

Sailing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

I don't know how :ITA Maggetti moved into the lead before the 3rd mark but she wins the gold medal :p

Silver for :ISR Kantor and :GBR Wilson completely faded to bronze.

She chose the right side after the second mark :)

2 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

Hate to say it but the format is pretty terrible. Not being able to learn the conditions before a race feels blatantly unfair and punishing

Shouldn't have put herself in 1st place then. That's a risk one takes and of which I assume every sailor is well aware (much as I feel for her).

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Henry_Leon said:

She chose the right side after the second mark :)

Yeah, I know. She had the slowest speed by graphics yet still moved into the lead. I presume there is a short cut allowed in these races and only making the right side of the mark counts because I don't know how else it was enabled otherwise with the speed difference. It's not like these races last for 30 mins.

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Shouldn't have put herself in 1st place then. That's a risk one takes and of which I assume every sailor is well aware.

Thats like making usian bolt run 110 meters because he had the cheek to win his semi final.

7 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

What a ridiculous way to run a series, punish number one seed by not having them race all day and not learn the conditions of the day

Yeah that’s such a stupid format. And the final race is also boring as heck. Most boring sailing event I’ve watched so far. With the boat speeds it makes for a great event, they need to do seriously better with showcasing it with a half-decent format.

Edited by OlympicIRL