website statistics

Sailing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Dnl said:

Man I’m so mad about how poorly the IQ foil’s event’s are managed, the Marathon race was delayed an hour into the race due to lack of wind, only this “lack of wind” was occurring in a certain area where they decide to make a turning point, this certain place is next to islands and fort that was known for blocking the wind

Why did they just cancel the race in the middle ?? And when Sharon was leading by a lot!   Why not just give the points at that point??

5 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Why did they just cancel the race in the middle ?? And when Sharon was leading by a lot!   Why not just give the points at that point??

I ask myself the same thing, poor Sharon at this point to lead and put plenty of effort into this race to only get it stopped, it’s add to some other controversies and weird decisions regarding the IQ Foil

28 minutes ago, Dnl said:

I ask myself the same thing, poor Sharon at this point to lead and put plenty of effort into this race to only get it stopped, it’s add to some other controversies and weird decisions regarding the IQ Foil

I know the answer! אנטישמיים.   אין ספק

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Day 5

WEDNESDAY 31.07.2024

:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK

Sailing M IQ Foil Windsurfing Opening Series - Race 7

14. Robert Kubín 121

Sailing M IQ Foil Windsurfing Opening Series - Race 8

21. Robert Kubín 142

Sailing M IQ Foil Windsurfing Opening Series - Race 9

19. Robert Kubín 138

Sailing M IQ Foil Windsurfing Opening Series - Race 10

22. Robert Kubín 138

(Overall Standing after 10/15 Races: 23rd)

453087634_902127345286731_15894045997283

If we use the results of each prelim races (with only the 10 boats remaining included) and use them as the final position in the medal race, this is what would happen in skiff/49er;

Gold

:ESP win it 9 times, :NZL win it 3 times  

Silver 

:IRL win it 5 times,

:NZL :USA win it twice,

:ESP:CRO :POL  once 

Bronze

:IRL:NZL:ESP:CRO:USA twice

:POL :GBR once 

Spain win a medal every time

Ireland and NZ win 7 times

USA 4 times

Croatia 3 times

Poland twice

GB once

5 minutes ago, dodge said:

Men’s skiff medal race abandoned just at the half way mark. They’re moving course looking for wind

Good, maybe it will help us, but I doubt :whistle:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• With past precedence, a sport not in thr top 2 tiers will likely find it hard to add another discipline without dropping event. For ex. Canoeing in Paris.
    • I'm sure Kata is very historically meaningful, but it's not sport. Lots of dancing is very ritualised too. Still not sport.
    • Ok but the kata is not dancing, are a sequence of pre-established movements which have centuries and is one of the pillars of most martials arts, i cant simply equalize with an street dancing. In kata, i watch a martialist looking for make perfection, in breakdancing i watch a dancer trying to make the best choreography for a judge.
    • Is there anyone out there tracking countries that have met the Alpine Olympic standard already? There have been enough SAC races for it to be possible I think.
    • Karate obviously has lots of problems with officiating. and WKF itself is not a great organization either (most of their rule changes are dumb) but the scoring basic is very simple with only 1 or 2 rare situations.    I know in past IOC (under previous IOC presidents not the current dictator) asked WKF to find a solution, using helmets or something like that to avoid situation like the last Olympic final. and I remember WKF used it for few tournaments around 2000 (1998 Asian Games for example) but nobody (specially the athletes) didn't like it, they dropped the idea.   I totally understand Kata looks very very boring, (as boring as Surfing in my opinion) but that's the heart of karate. even if WKF is allowed to pick 1 event for the Olympics, they will pick Kata  (team kata is much better though)
    • Cross-country is a long standing WA ask. Handball was never going to get Beach, Gymnastics would defo want tumbling, but possibly prefer double mini or trampoline synchro to acrobatic. High diving SHOULD get in and Archery would be better looking at field events, but may be satisfied with the five it has.
    • Worth noting that MMA was once more or less known as 'no holds barred', the most brutal form of combat sport....but almost immediately, certain holds and techniques were barred! Eye gouging, fishhooking and, more important for this discussion "small joint manipulation" - i.e torture submissions based on breaking fingers and toes. Holds that work in te real world...but are unacceptable in the sport. Any martial art that becomes a sport compromises - what do you think boxing gloves are?   My problem with karate is following the scoring and understanding what scores and what doesn't. The action itself looks interesting, but its hard to read a context.   Under no circumstances whatsoever should we see fierce growling and staring at invisible people - Kata - ever return to the games - the only event more shambolic that B-girl Raygun. What next, Haka?
    • I can understand if they don’t have the multi-events and the walks on the athletic programme, but no javelin? 
    • That was never a controversy for anybody who has watched this sport for an hour.   in Judo you can win by strangulation or something but you can't break the neck I assume.  that's the same with kicking (or punching) to the head in Karate, you can kick but you can't kick with maximum force. that's the first thing they teach you in Karate. the very first thing.