website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Division I Group A World Championship 2024

Totallympics

Yesterday, Italy's exhausting victory over Japan and today a key match against Slovenia. Honestly, neither Ita, Hun nor Slo make a very good impression here. The future star of Italian hockey - 19-year-old goalkeeper Damian Clara didn`t play well yesterday.

39 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Romania- Hungary 2-1:yikes:If the Italians don`t advance at home this year this team will probably have to be disbanded.

even if they do it :bones:

Posted (edited)

Terrible game by the Italians in the 1st period. I don't see a chance for even 1 point in today's match. Unfortunately, the Italian team since 2019 didn`t win against any better or equal rival at the World Championships/qualifiers for IO. I'm afraid that here it will be a standard 2 defeats and even the very weak Hungary will win against us :( Championship at home, full squad, great coach from Canada, many weeks to prepare but absolute no progress.

Edited by copravolley

Posted (edited)

Nothing, it's always the same every year. As soon as a serious rival appears, we don't exist. It will be the same with Hungary. This is not why a renowned staff from Canada is hired and organizes competitions at home to win against Romania and Japan after overtime... A tragedy. A few years ago, at least every 2-3 years, we played in the Elite and now? Russia and Belarus are missing but we are stuck in a lower division and haven`t been able to win against a strong opponent for 5 years.

Edited by copravolley

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, phelps said:

me when the Hockey National Team plays :cry: :hairpull:

new-york-mets.jpg

The idea for a team with Keenan at the coach will be a complete failure if they don't win against the weak Hungarians in 2 days and can`t advance. Any Italian coach can win against Romania and Japan.

Edited by copravolley

Wednesday May 1st, 2024 -

Round-Robin Day 3 Results (GMT +2)

12:30  :HUN Hungary  1 - 2  Romania :ROU

16:00  :JPN Japan  4 - 3  South Korea :KOR

19:30  :SLO Slovenia  2 - 0  Italy :ITA

Provisional Standing After Day 3:

1.  :HUN  6

-. :SLO  6

------------------

3. :ITA  5

4. :JPN  4