website statistics

Sailing WS Semaine Olympique Française 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

still so many racers.

sure, they wouldn't change anything in perspective, but still it hurts not having accomplished the self-proclamed mission of having the full squad at the Olympics for the first time ever

36 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Quotas in 49er for :HKG , :GER , :BRA and :BEL ?

Very nice but why are the quotas already fixed? 
On the website I see that only 11 of 15 races are finished plus medal race :question: 

15 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

Very nice but why are the quotas already fixed? 
On the website I see that only 11 of 15 races are finished plus medal race :question: 

I don't see the number of races. That's why I put a question mark behind it. :d Just read here, that there are 10 per category except in Kite. So that's what I hoped and put it carefully forward.

48 minutes ago, phelps said:

sure, they wouldn't change anything in perspective, but still it hurts not having accomplished the self-proclamed mission of having the full squad at the Olympics for the first time ever

I think that at the beginning of the 21st century, e.g. in Sydney and Athens we had a full complement of sailing crews (I think there were 11 of them at that time). This year, however, the miss of a full squad will be a failure: 470 mix and 49 were clear favorites here but only the first class lived up to expectations. However, our crews in 49 class remained at the level of German settlements throughout last year and here they clearly lag behind them. The most important start of the year was ruined by 2 of our crews.

Edited by copravolley

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

Where can you for and how many races are there in total? I got their app with the results but it shows only how many races finished but not the total number. 

Screenshot_2024-04-24-19-44-49-723_com.bogo.sofffvoile-edit.jpg

here https://sof2024.sapsailing.com/gwt/Home.html#/event/:eventId=0cd81ed0-408f-42e7-8096-0c8388414343

1 hour ago, copravolley said:

I think that at the beginning of the 21st century, e.g. in Sydney and Athens we had a full complement of sailing crews (I think there were 11 of them at that time). This year, however, the miss of a full squad will be a failure: 470 mix and 49 were clear favorites here but only the first class lived up to expectations. However, our crews in 49 class remained at the level of German settlements throughout last year and here they clearly lag behind them. The most important start of the year was ruined by 2 of our crews.

yeah, 1996 and 2004 (in 2000 we didn't qualify the match racing crew, Soling class)

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, 1996 and 2004 (in 2000 we didn't qualify the match racing crew, Soling class)

In Tokyo it was bad: only 6 crews of 10. In Paris it will be probably: 9/10, because nothing good will happen for them in class 49. A missed opportunity. In theory, there has been progress since Tokyo but looking at the turn of the century, this is not necessarily the case. I have concerns about whether we will exceed 360 people in Paris for the entire delegation. I don't believe in basketball at all, whether men's classic team or women's 3x3. Softball was eliminated from olympics program and we were left with 4 team sports: 2x volleyball and 2x water polo. I don't understand why we completely abandoned Rugby 7 and men's 3x3 basketball. Spain will qualify 10-12 teams for Parisand we will qualify probably 4... The last time we had men's football at the Olympics in 2008. You can't achieve record attendance that way :(