website statistics

Women's Handball IHF Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

17 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Despite getting thrashed in all 3 of our games, I'm quite pleased with our performance this week. We got into double figures against Hungary and Japan and created some good opportunities for ourselves that we unfortunately couldn't convert, which is more than I expected us to do. This is a sport that needs a lot of development in our country, and this is certainly a start to seeing us become competitive whilst trying to qualify for major championships. Just like with our Water Polo teams, this could be the boost we need to go on and qualify for Brisbane and 2036 - which should be our target off the back of this. 

It is much easier to qualify in handball, but I feel that concentrating on qualifying in basketball would be a much more „natural“ choice for GB. Basketball should be a much better match.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

It is much easier to qualify in handball, but I feel that concentrating on qualifying in basketball would be a much more „natural“ choice for GB. Basketball should be a much better match.

We could still go for both as realistically basketball doesn't need too much development in this country compared to handball which needs tons. Either way we need to improve our performances in a lot of Olympic team sports. 

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

We could still go for both as realistically basketball doesn't need too much development in this country compared to handball which needs tons. Either way we need to improve our performances in a lot of Olympic team sports. 

:GBR actually was very close to qualifying in women's basketball last Olympics, so there is definitively a foundation there that just doesn't exist in handball.

4 minutes ago, NearPup said:

:GBR actually was very close to qualifying in women's basketball last Olympics, so there is definitively a foundation there that just doesn't exist in handball.

Exactly, hopefully we can start doing the same in handball and start capitalising off the back of this.