Official Website 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

Asian Qualifier Entry list

https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/eventDetails/11eebc5b-c0f8-558d-872c-06ec6d5493b5/5

it's possible to calculate the bracket , that will be based on the March ranking.

from what I see our M+80 athlete has a clear path to the quota but W49kg looks tough, she will run into Asian Games Champion Su Po-ya in the semifinal.

South Korea also decided to send someone at W57kg. it's the first time after so many years that they are forced to participate in the Asian OQT.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MHSN said:

https://worldtkd.simplycompete.com/eventDetails/11eebc5b-c0f8-558d-872c-06ec6d5493b5/5

it's possible to calculate the bracket , that will be based on the March ranking.

from what I see our M+80 athlete has a clear path to the quota but W49kg looks tough, she will run into Asian Games Champion Su Po-ya in the semifinal.

South Korea also decided to send someone at W57kg. it's the first time after so many years that they are forced to participate in the Asian OQT.

chances for non-qualified nations?

Edited by Sindo

30 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Really small and partially really weak fields (in other continents it’s not better or different) I think Taekwondo needs to rethink the qualification process to improve quality of the Olympic tournament. 

I would suggest something like: 

6/7via ranking with 2 years period 

1/2 via Grand Slam

4 via continental qualification (Oceania to go with another continent) with restricted eligibility, same as now 

3 world qualification but no eligibility restriction 

1 host quota /universality place 

48 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

chances for non-qualified nations?

didn't check the list of non-qualified nations, is Afghanistan still there ? they have two chances here, one of them more realistic at 58kg

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Good that we are sending a team for these qualifiers. We don’t have any hope for qualification but after the fiasco in 2021 qualifiers in Jordan ( where the federation was not even aware of the quarantine protocol) the team at least get to compete! 

46 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Really small and partially really weak fields (in other continents it’s not better or different) I think Taekwondo needs to rethink the qualification process to improve quality of the Olympic tournament. 

I would suggest something like: 

6/7via ranking with 2 years period 

1/2 via Grand Slam

4 via continental qualification (Oceania to go with another continent) with restricted eligibility, same as now 

3 world qualification but no eligibility restriction 

1 host quota /universality place 

yes the field is weak because of the obvious reason of limiting countries 

I agree with your general idea , but I would drop the Grand Slam completely. it's a waste of time. also 4 Wild Cards are too much. no room for charity with only 16 athletes per weight. (it's not like Judo with millions of quotas)

from what I head WT is going to change its ranking system, it will be 2 years period (which makes more sense than 4 years) and if my memory serves me well they are thinking about a new qualification system, something like Judo, awarding all quotas by the ranking. at least that's a proposal they are thinking about.

btw if some people here are happy about the restrictions in this sport (which is already developed in all continents), what would they say about the same idea in athletics or swimming ? I mean you can enter just one swimmer in all freestyle events, that sounds terrible, right ?

16 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes the field is weak because of the obvious reason of limiting countries 

I agree with your general idea , but I would drop the Grand Slam completely. it's a waste of time. also 4 Wild Cards are too much. no room for charity with only 16 athletes per weight. (it's not like Judo with millions of quotas)

from what I head WT is going to change its ranking system, it will be 2 years period (which makes more sense than 4 years) and if my memory serves me well they are thinking about a new qualification system, something like Judo, awarding all quotas by the ranking. at least that's a proposal they are thinking about.

btw if some people here are happy about the restrictions in this sport (which is already developed in all continents), what would they say about the same idea in athletics or swimming ? I mean you can enter just one swimmer in all freestyle events, that sounds terrible, right ?

I hope this really happens... something like all quotas through ranking (Just one, forget GS). Also, some continental quotas to best ahtletes from each continent, from countries not already qualified would be great.