website statistics

Taekwondo ATU Asian Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

quota fights

M 68kg :THA vs :PLE / :IOC vs :HKG

M 80kg :UZB vs :IRQ / :KAZ vs :KSA

W 49kg :IRI vs :JPN / :PHI vs :KSA

W 67kg :THA vs :NEP / :VIE vs :UZB

Chinese Taipei losing to Hong Kong was the huge huge surprise today. which created a very good chance for the Afghan athlete (refugee now) to qualify. TPE also lost in the women's side. 

that KSA girl also has a very good chance to qualify, I assume that will be the first ever quota for a Saudi girl (not counting wild cards)

Edited by MHSN

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

quota fights

M 58kg :THA vs :PLE / :IOC vs :HKG

Chinese Taipei losing to Hong Kong was the huge huge surprise today. which created a very good chance for the Afghan athlete (refugee now) to qualify. TPE also lost in the women's side. 

that KSA girl also has a very good chance to qualify, I assume that will be the first ever quota for a Saudi girl (not counting wild cards)

Can you  share the results page please. 

56 minutes ago, MHSN said:

quota fights

M 68kg :THA vs :PLE / :IOC vs :HKG

I have a doubt over women's 49kg R16. Do you think decision was fair in that :VIE:PHI where from 5-4 it was made 4-5. I thought block was good don't know how it was a penalty for holding 

32 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

What a shitty commentator

Calling players Red and Blue

VIE taking on PHI. Match won by PHI I mean you don't know the countries name what a shame

And yeah he was all praise for Jaysunova in Men's 80kg :p

Wow, that sounds even worse than those basic English commentators many sports have where they only call the athletes by the country :d 

"We're going to watch the quarter finals, it's Italy against Argentina!" and then goes on to only call them Italy and Argentina......in an individual sport :lol: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I have a doubt over women's 49kg R16. Do you think decision was fair in that :VIE:PHI where from 5-4 it was made 4-5. I thought block was good don't know how it was a penalty for holding 

I was also surprised by that late penalty but I wasn't paying too much attention to that specific match. so I can't say for certain

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, that sounds even worse than those basic English commentators many sports have where they only call the athletes by the country :d 

"We're going to watch the quarter finals, it's Italy against Argentina!" and then goes on to only call them Italy and Argentina......in an individual sport :lol: 

that was even much worse, he was calling them V I E, I mean he was saying "Vee ai, ee" not even Vietnam :facepalm:

Chinese commentators are usually this bad when they try to speak English. I had seen this before in other Taekwondo competitions in China. 

I felt that was the only questionable result of the morning session and to Little extent the QF involving the same athlete against the :INA. Maybe @Griff88 could say if he agrees with the decision given against at 0-0 in final round in W49kg against the Philipino.