website statistics

Who is a lock to win a Gold Medal at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

3 hours ago, Timezone said:

Iga Swaitek is almost impossible to beat on clay should win gold. 

Noah Lyle's not a lock to win 100m but be a big upset if he doesn't. 

It doesn't matter how much better you are than the field, under current rules there is no such thing as a lock in the sprints. Just ask Usain Bolt about his 2011 world championship title in the 100m.

Edited by NearPup

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Sorry I disagree with both, I wouldn’t consider Swiatek to be a “lock”

And while he is the favourite, it wouldn’t be a big upset if Lyles doesn’t win gold unlike the 200m. 

And even in the 200m, it's not like every single athlete apart from Lyles has a combined chance of only like 10%. People often forget that there's a difference between someone being the favourite and someone being a near-certain winner :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Timezone said:

Unless Adam Peaty is back to his best Qin Hayaing is 90% chance winning men's 100m breaststroke. 

But we won't know if Peaty is back to his best until the Olympics are underway, so we can hardly take that too much into account :p (even if yes, based on world championships form, Qin is of course the favourite)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Sorry I disagree with both, I wouldn’t consider Swiatek to be a “lock”

And while he is the favourite, it wouldn’t be a big upset if Lyles doesn’t win gold unlike the 200m. 

Swaitek is world number 1 and has won 3 from last 4 French Opens and last 2. 

18 minutes ago, Timezone said:

Swaitek is world number 1 and has won 3 from last 4 French Opens and last 2. 

Swiatek* and okay? Olympic tennis tournaments have been known to produce a lot of upsets, nothing is set in stone. Take Rio 2016 for example, literally NO ONE was expecting Puig to win gold in women’s singles, but she did. She is certainly the heavy favourite as of now though. 

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I think :USA Tiger Woods is a lock in men's golf, he's the greatest of all times and has won fifteen majors, it's hard to see how anyone else has more than a 10% chance of winning.

And that's it,discussion over, no one needs to add anything more:lol: