website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Broadcasters

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Got the Discovery Plus schedule for Day 1 - Saturday 27th.  Looks very good. We get separate streams for

Each badminton court

Each tennis court

Each individual gymnastic apparatus

Each fencing....errm...whatever you call the places where you do fencing.

Don't know if they all get their own commentary though, or if there's just a finite number of show courts.

In Tokyo not every stream had commentary, especially not for every single court, mat and piste in sports with 100 matches before we get to the medals, but as long as they're shown, it's already great :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

39 minutes ago, hckošice said:

now, it is gonna be a pain in the ass to find a match you want to watch among all the hundreds and hundreds of streams...

Not to mention it fucks things up for those who don't want spoilers. If you see a tennis match's stream is 1 hour, you can basically stop watching after one set. Same principle for volleyball or basically anything with a set system.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not to mention it fucks things up for those who don't want spoilers. If you see a tennis match's stream is 1 hour, you can basically stop watching after one set. Same principle for volleyball or basically anything with a set system.

Yeah, not sure I am really happy with this system. I just can not find any logic on that, Look at Rugby 7 streams of day -1, every match have its own stream :question: why on earth they did not make them all in one session stream, now after each match you have to quickly search for another stream for the next match... completely stupid.

Tennis have 12 courts in day 1 & 2, but instead of making a complete session for every court... they will make streams for every single match ! Complete chaos ! I swear, Total illogical mayhem  :hairpull:

Edited by hckošice

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Good luck to find your player´s match :wacko:

Reveal hidden contents

don't worry!

it will be adjusted once where and when any match is played is known...they will put the names of the athletes involved in every stream

of course, the match lenght = spoiler problem remains :facepalm:but they do the same with the grand slam tournaments (and cuts are not always perfect, people might find a description different from the actual content :hairpull:)

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Yeah, not sure I am really happy with this system. I just can not find any logic on that, Look at Rugby 7 streams of day -1, every match have its own stream :question: why on earth they did not make them all in one session stream, now after each match you have to quickly search for another stream for the next match... completely stupid.

Tennis have 12 courts in day 1 & 2, but instead of making a complete session for every court... they will make streams for every single match ! Complete chaos ! I swear, Total illogical mayhem  :hairpull:

There is a complete rugby sevens all day stream. They just have it broken down too. Best of both really

Tennis will be the same. Choose between courts and matches. 

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

There is a complete rugby sevens all day stream. They just have it broken down too. Best of both really

1 minute ago, dodge said:

Yeah, well. At the end we will still be happy to have it all instead of having nothing. so it is just some pre-games bitching but at the end I´ll become more familiar with the max system during the first days of the games and then everything will be fine and ok :d

5 hours ago, Josh said:

I think you mean a piste :d

Do you think they say a fencer is “piste off” when they get angry? :p

I’ll see myself out.

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, hckošice said:

I have some explanation - money is the reason as usually )

MAX offers downloads of video (but not for PC!) to watch video offline. And the number of downloads is limited to 30 in the basic plan. So they have more shorter videos and it makes customers oreder more expensive plan with 100 downloads limit.