website statistics

Football 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Belle said:

Danish legend Jon Dahl Tomasson is the new Head Coach for Sweden’s Men’s National Team. :clap:

Good luck. :SWE :DEN

I have followed him closely for the last 18 months as he was the manager at Blackburn Rovers( the club I support) . 
You will love his brand of football , he is a very intelligent coach & plays aggressive high temp football. Players will love playing for him. Unfortunately it didn’t work out for him at Blackburn this season due to circumstances beyond his control. He took a very average Rovers squad to a nearly top 6 finish in the championship & missed out on GD for the playoffs. 
I wish Jon a lot of success in his new role, hope he takes Sweden to 2026 WC. 

:MEX beats the :USA 2-0 at the women’s CONCACAF Cup. I believe this is only the second time they’ve beaten the US :yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The first phase (26 match days) of 2023-24 Super League Greece is done, and the top 6 teams (out of 14) in the league now advance to the play-off round, while the other 8 go to the relegation round.

1. PAOK - 60 points

2. AEK - 59 points

3. Olympiacos - 57 points

4. Panathinaikos - 56 points

5. Aris - 42 points

6. Lamia - 34 points

I don't ever remember the league being this competitive, with the top 4 teams really doing so well, anyone can take it! There will be 10 match days in the play-off round (all teams play each other twice), and whoever leads at the end will be the league winner. Usually it is decided before the last week or maybe there are 2 teams going to the end, but this year is really crazy!