website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Some big times in the women’s 400m as well.

:JAM Nikisha Price moves to #2 on the Jamaican all-time list with 49.32, :USA Kaylyn Brown with a new PB of 49.47, :GBR Amber Anning with a new PB of 49.51, and :USA Aaliyah Butler with a new PB of 49.79

Somebody is watching the Iberoamericano?

I never watch a transmission like this: if there ir no brazilian in the race, they prefer to show an "direct interview" of a brazilian athlete than a final.....:spank:

Jamaica Invitational today. 

So far, world record holder :NGR Amusan with a 12.40 WL in the women’s 100m hurdles ahead of world champion :JAM Williams in 12.46, and :JAM Hibbert 17.57m in men’s triple jump. 

Watch out for Hibbert in particular on the road to the Olympics, follow him on Instagram and from his content it looks like he has some even bigger jumps in him. 

On 5/10/2024 at 7:56 PM, Makedonas said:

Freshman Angelos Mantzouranis :GRE of Minnesota won the Big 10 Championships today in the men's hammer throw with 75.15, a new CR, after the previous one was from Konstantinos Zaltos :GRE last year with 74.93. Zaltos is graduating this year but didn't compete as he is already in Greece fighting for an Olympic spot.

We will see tomorrow Nikolaos Polychroniou :GRE of USC in the Pac 12 Championships, hopefully for another gold medal, he has a SB of 75.24 from two weeks ago.

The race for the third and final spot on the Greek Olympic team for the men's hammer throw is really heating up, as Frantzeskakis and Anastasakis are most likely taking the first two spots.

Polychroniou got 2nd with 74.58, really I think the 3rd Olympic spot will be between Mantzouranis and Zaltos at this point, ironically they are both teammates at the University of Minnesota.

And Pavlidis won the discus at the Big 12 Championships with 61.52. He is making a big push for the Olympics via rankings, so winning the Greek National Championships with a throw around 63m would be huge for him, as well as a good result at the NCAA Championships. I don't know if he will go to the Balkan Championships as they are so early this year and before the NCAA, but really he should as there are a lot of points there for the ranking for a good placing, but I don't know if he will go to Europe, then back to the US, then back to Europe again...

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Heartbreak for :MEX Tonatiuh Lopez last night… he recorded a 1:44.71 in 800m, a season best; yet one second short of the required Olympic mark :(

You mean .01? :p

44 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Heartbreak for :MEX Tonatiuh Lopez last night… he recorded a 1:44.71 in 800m, a season best; yet one second short of the required Olympic mark :(

Do let us know if he makes it some time this or next month, damn...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Yeah, same here, this weekend definitely doesn't have nothing     I mean, so far I've seen lots of racing with cars, motorbikes and regular bikes, college football highlights, ski jumping, mountainbike and so on. But the most important thing of the weekend for me (MotoGP/2/3) being in the early morning is lovely because it opens up the day so much     And yeah, Christmas is usually fun to take a look on Flashscore.com, especially the first day is the one day in the entire year where the whole page is almost entirely empty, with only a bit of football in very few muslim-majority countries  
    • Wow! 5 goals in less than 3 minutes for  so 3rd place for them.   4th place.      7 - 1 
    • Wish I could say the same, for me it’s rare when there’s a day that there’s absolutely nothing on for me to watch There’s even stuff on Christmas (NBA and NFL), although usually in the days leading up to it there’s less sporting events going on. 
    • Gravel world championships     And ski jumping Summer Grand Prix, just finished catching up on an insane season of Red Bull Rookies Cup, still lots of NASCAR to catch up with and with this weekend being a bit of a slow one in terms of live sports (and the MotoGP/2/3 things being in Japan and so being done and dusted by 9am my time), it's so far been a weekend with lots of catching up  
    • WTT China Smash   Men’s Singles 1.  Lin Shidong 2.  Ma Long 3.  Xiang Peng 3.  Liang Jingkun   Women’s Singles 1.  Sun Yingsha  2.  Wang Manyu 3.  Chen Xingtong 3.  Fan Siqi   Men’s Doubles 1.  Liang Jingkun/Wang Chuqin 2.  Lin Gaoyuan/Lin Shidong 3.  Yuan Licen/Xiang Peng 3.  Alexis Lebrun/Felix Lebrun   Women’s Doubles 1.  Qian Tianyi/Chen Xingtong 2.  Wang Yidi/Sun Yingsha 3.  Chen Yi/Xu Yi 3.  Chen I-Ching/Li Yu-Jhun   Mixed Doubles 1.  Lin Shidong/Kuai Man 2.  Lin Gaoyuan/Wang Yidi 3.  Xue Fei/Qian Tianyi 3.  Kristian Karlsson/Christina Kallberg   Full Results
    • Just finished watching the Gauff-Muchova final at the China Open, and I’ll be watching both the men’s and women’s finals at the GSOC HearingLife Tour Challenge, but here’s what else I’ll be watching (or at least trying to watch) the next two weeks.    BWF Denmark Open, ATP Shanghai Masters, WTA Wuhan/Ningbo Open, FIVB Elite 16 Joao Pessoa, FIFA U17 Women’s Football World Cup (lesser priority, the knockout stage matches are in late October to early November), European Table Tennis Championships (lesser priority), FIS Ski/Snowboard Big Air WC Chur, UCI Track Cycling World Championships, WA Swimming WC Shanghai, NBA/NFL/NHL, any semi big curling events that I can find streaming for, any club season volleyball matches that I can find streaming for (some are on VBTV which helps but this season my teams are Gas Sales Blunergy Piacenza, Vero Volley Monza, Vakıfbank, Eczacıbaşı, Asseco Resovia), 3X3 Basketball World Tour Amsterdam/Macau (lesser priority and no group stage matches, only knockout if I have time and I’m not feeling too fatigued)   Edit: There’s also the Archery and Triathlon WC Finals, damn there’s a lot going on. 
    • WTA 1000 China Open | Beijing, China   Women’s Singles 1.  Coco Gauff 2.  Karolina Muchova 3.  Qinwen Zheng 3.  Paula Badosa   Women’s Doubles 1.  Sara Errani/Jasmine Paolini 2.  (RUS) Chan Hao-Ching/Veronika Kudermetova 3.  (RUS) Elisabetta Cocciaretto/Liudmila Samsonova 3.  Bethanie Mattek-Sands/Sofia Kenin   Full Results
    • Coco Gauff defeats  Karolina Muchova 6-1, 6-3 for the China Open title, improving to 8-1 in WTA tour level finals while Muchova is now 1-5.
    • Dodgers fell 3-0 behind in the first inning to Padres but managed to win 7-5 in the first NLDS game.   Phillies' bullpen collapsed vs Mets allowing 5 runs and one out in the 8th inning
    • WWE Bad Blood 2024 Results:   CM Punk def. Drew McIntyre (Hell in a Cell Match)   WWE Women's Champion Nia Jax def. Bayley - TITLE RETAINED   Damian Priest def. Finn Balor   Rhea Ripley def. Women's World Champion Liv Morgan by DQ - TITLE RETAINED   Roman Reigns & Cody Rhodes def. Solo Sikoa & Jacob Fatu