website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2024

Josh

7 hours ago, rybak said:

Probably nobody here didn't noticed it, but thanks to 3-0 win over :FRA today our team get new 2,51 points to ranking which moved our women's team to 4th place in FIVB ranking, the highest ever place for :POL women's volleyball team :clap:

And as an extra reward your team plays against Netherlands today, so the third place on the world ranking is up for grabs.

8 hours ago, rybak said:

Probably nobody here didn't noticed it, but thanks to 3-0 win over :FRA today our team get new 2,51 points to ranking which moved our women's team to 4th place in FIVB ranking, the highest ever place for :POL women's volleyball team :clap:

I hope :POL win for :CAN with :NED  @Josh

12 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

I am no ranking expert, but with :NED losing to :POL I assume :CAN will officially pass us in the ranking if they beat :THA tonight.

:(

We already passed you in the rankings earlier today when you got swept by Poland (by a couple of points), but if Thailand can beat Canada that might change. Not taking any games against them lightly, they swept us at last years VNL. 

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

We already passed you in the rankings earlier today when you got swept by Poland (by a couple of points), but if Thailand can beat Canada that might change. Not taking any games against them lightly, they swept us at last years VNL. 

I am not hopeful at all about our chances, but I hope it stays this close throughout the VNL. Let's at least make it exciting!

:ITA lost the 1st set vs :TUR despite a 24-20 lead :facepalm:

but then they made up for that and destroyed the Hosts, winning 3-1 in the end

for :TUR monster match by Vargas, but it wasn't enough against a good collective effort of our girls

this win (added to those against :GER and :BUL) should seal the deal in terms of the Olympic qualification for us

I decided to take a deeper look on the :CAN v :NED race for the final quota.

Schedule wise the Netherlands has a tougher remaining schedule. Between the non-overlapped teams they have :BRA:CHN:DOM while Canada has :ITA:JPN:GER plus they have a head to head match against each other. This could also be to the Netherlands' benefit as they could score some extra points should they pull off an upset (particularly against the Dominican Republic). On the flip side, Canada's match against Germany could be quite dangerous as they are quite capable of beating us which would inflict some damage.

Obviously the head to head match will be very important and given it is the penultimate match it could very well determine who gets to go to the Olympics.

34 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Obviously the head to head match will be very important and given it is the penultimate match it could very well determine who gets to go to the Olympics.

From a fairness standpoint I think it would be ideal if that's the case.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I decided to take a deeper look on the :CAN v :NED race for the final quota.

Schedule wise the Netherlands has a tougher remaining schedule. Between the non-overlapped teams they have :BRA:CHN:DOM while Canada has :ITA:JPN:GER plus they have a head to head match against each other. This could also be to the Netherlands' benefit as they could score some extra points should they pull off an upset (particularly against the Dominican Republic). On the flip side, Canada's match against Germany could be quite dangerous as they are quite capable of beating us which would inflict some damage.

Thank you for the analysis! From a neutral standpoint a deciding head to head match would be amazing. As a worried Dutch fan I hope we are still close by then...