website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Josh

Speaking about Ana Cristina, can the commentators please pronounce her last name correctly? They keep botching it left and right :p

First, they started off with Ana Cri-stiana, then later switched to Cri-shena. It’s actually Krees-chena, at least according to the Brazilian translator that I’m using. 

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

Speaking about Ana Cristina, can the commentators please pronounce her last name correctly? They keep botching it left and right :p

First, they started off with Ana Cri-stiana, then later switched to Cri-shena. It’s actually Krees-chena, at least according to the Brazilian translator that I’m using. 

Yes, for some reason brazilians are incapable of pronouncing D, T and Rs like normal human beings :p eg. we're "argenchina".

21 hours ago, Josh said:

Just taking a look at today’s results, apparently :POL swept :ITA 3-0 :yikes:

It's third match in a row where our girls beats Italy.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Poland beating Italy isn’t surprising, but wasn’t expecting them to beat Italy 3-0. 

I am finally waiting for Italy with the strongest squad and in good shape. Since last season, the Italian team had problems and never played in the strongest squad + there were problems with the coach. Now the new coach - Velasco needs time and some of the players from Congeliano and Milano have not joined the team yet. The recent club season was great for Italian clubs: 3/3 + Italian final in the Champions League.

Posted (edited)

:CAN with a HUGE (and do I mean HUGE) 3-0 victory over :DOM :hyper::thumbup::cheer:

No Brenda or Bethania for the Dominican Republic, but still a great win against a great team…

Very important for our Olympic qualification hopes, lowering the gap to the Netherlands to about 14 points, with 13.1 points today. 

@Adriano @Laraja 

Edited by Josh

Although I don’t feel form is there anyway and we might even drop below Germany, this doesn’t help.

Well, that means no volleyball on Dutch TV and watching the stream a few times for one of my favourite sports, and that’s probably about it.

6 hours ago, Josh said:

:CAN with a HUGE (and do I mean HUGE) 3-0 victory over :DOM :hyper::thumbup::cheer:

No Brenda for the Dominican Republic, but still a great win against a great team…

Very important for our Olympic qualification hopes, lowering the gap to the Netherlands to about 14 points, with 13.1 points today. 

@Adriano @Laraja 

@JoshCongrats!!

Canada is almost qualified. Big important win for you. I watched :NED - :TUR yesterday and can confirm Netherlands won't be able to beat you, or Dominican Republic or Poland or another top country. No outstanding players. And our best player, Nika Daalderop, isn't even playing this week.

I assume Brenda is playing the next weeks, that's another bad news for us. 

2 hours ago, CCB said:

@JoshCongrats!!

Canada is almost qualified. Big important win for you. I watched :NED - :TUR yesterday and can confirm Netherlands won't be able to beat you, or Dominican Republic or Poland or another top country. No outstanding players. And our best player, Nika Daalderop, isn't even playing this week.

I assume Brenda is playing the next weeks, that's another bad news for us. 

Thanks, but I still feel like the race to Paris is far from over. 

20 hours ago, Josh said:

No Brenda for the Dominican Republic, but still a great win against a great team…

@Adriano @Laraja 

Huge win? How about beating :CHN 3-1?