website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

Alessandra Mele, Norway's participant from last year, has withdrawn from giving the Norwegian votes tonight.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

The west being hypocritical is not a new thing,nor is it likely to change,and yes israel will be protected,nevermind that one could ask why it is a point of conversation anyway,THERE NOT EUROPEAN ,WHY ARE THEY IN SOMETHING CALLED EUROVISION ?

Israel competes as a European nation in basically all sports / competitions because too many countries in Asia object to their existence.

2 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

Honestly it just makes it more of a joke,then call it ebuvision,is the Austarlian period of competing in it over yet ?

They have not done anywhere near as well as they did when they first joined, hopefully this means they will stop soon.

I'd rather have them out and bring back :BUL :ROU :HUN :SVK :MNE :BIH :MKD :TUR

Just now, Makedonas said:

They have not done anywhere near as well as they did when they first joined, hopefully this means they will stop soon.

I'd rather have them out and bring back :BUL :ROU :HUN :SVK :MNE :BIH :MKD :TUR

For starters I want every country back that has participated (and still exists), the more the better :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That does sort of describe one of the main problems with the televoting though :p 

Whether it's political voting, diaspora voting or ethnic voting, it's a certain set of votes which one can basically already fill in beforehand no matter how horrible or amazing the song is. Although I didn't check recent voting results, so I do sort of assume it wasn't actually a 12-point exchange between Cyprus and Greece all the time in reality? :d 

The jury vote not always, the tele vote usually except some years we are in different semis and only one made the final, or 2015 when neither gave each other 12 points, though that was in the old system, Greece did get first place from the Cyprus public (the singer was also from Cyprus), but Cyprus I believe got 3rd from the Greek public (the song was extremely boring so if there was one year for Greece to not vote for Cyprus, it was then).

48 minutes ago, Dnl said:

TOISC and TAISC 

More countries :thumbup:

Less expensive :thumbup:

Talking about food in the breaks:thumbup:

Less drama:thumbup:

Malta getting to the finals :thumbup:

Absolutely glad to not have Malta in the final this year, it was textbook case of "yeah, you can copy my homework, just change a few things" - Spain 2022 Slo Mo

What also gave me the vibes that it was textbook plagiarism, was that it took 8 people to write that mess. 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

For starters I want every country back that has participated (and still exists), the more the better :d 

Though I can only imagine that Bulgaria, Romania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro and Macedonia coming back all that once would most likely kill qualification chances for smaller countries like Luxembourg, San-Marino, Malta, Belgium, Denmark, likely even all of the Baltic countries, because of the Balkan block voting, which would be even more of a thing now without the juries in the semis. 

Although ironically it was those same juries that colluded some years ago :p 

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Though I can only imagine that Bulgaria, Romania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro and Macedonia coming back all that once would most likely kill qualification chances for smaller countries like Luxembourg, San-Marino, Malta, Belgium, Denmark, likely even all of the Baltic countries, because of the Balkan block voting, which would be even more of a thing now without the juries in the semis. 

Although ironically it was those same juries that colluded some years ago :p 

Just pull an Armenia, Poland or Turkey and spread across every country for those sweet diaspora votes :d 

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Worth noting that EBU includes half a dozen african and half a dozen West asian countries - it is not entirely restricted to the continent of Europe - after all neither Malta or Cypres are geographically in Europe.