website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Since when was :AUS European? :p

They needed a new anglophone friend after :GBR voted to leave :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Incredible numbers for the Sanremo final, reaching a 74% share (!!!). For comparison, the semi-final of the UEFA European Championship Italy-France had a 77% share.

Apparently, the Superfinal reached 80-85% share, staggering numbers comparable to World Cup football finals with Italy, wow.

Edited by Gianlu33

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Can someone explain what all this controversy is about Geolier ? Never heard of him before and find all the drama strange.

The main problem is that the song was terrible, truly terrible (aside from being in Neapolitan and not in Italian, the rules were ad-hoc changed for him). There have been many accusations that Geolier's fans bought SIM cards in mass to vote, but I find that quite unlikely.

Certainly, many Neapolitans believe the controversies are a matter of territorial racism, but it's absolutely false—I say this as a Campanian. Even Angelina Mango has verses in Neapolitan in her songs, and she's from Basilicata.

Sanremo is Sanremo; controversies and boos are normal. It has always happened and is part of the show. I recall an edition where the jury rebelled against Emanuele Filiberto, a member of the former Italian royal family, entering the final, even throwing the sheet music

https://youtu.be/U0zFizNPkwU?si=UzASIIsv-QorjBtc

33 minutes ago, rybak said:

Australia is European country, you didn't knew that? :d 

Why is Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest when it's 12,000 miles away?

I thought :NZL annexed Tasmania according to recent activity on Totallympics :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I still don't understand this weekly hype, where you have festival nights in succesion, from 8.45 till almost 2 a.m. (on final night even longer).:facepalm::d

And then on Sunday two hour long morning talk show about San Remo, in the afternoon another show. It is just too much. 

Anyway, I like the winner a lot, it has quite a lot of energy, also Annalisa was not bad, was cheering also for Clara or maybe Rose Villain and for "una ragazza e un ragazzo".  

I am not surprised Mahmood was not in top 5, did not convince me.