website statistics

Totallympics Summer Games 2020

Olympian1010

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

National Representation

1. Users may represent one nation, and are not allowed to change affiliation under any circumstances after entering the games.

2. A user may represent the nation of their birth, the nation they currently reside, the nation they are a citizen of, or the nation listed on their Totallympics profile.

3. Violation of rules 3.a or 3.b will result in the disqualification of the user, and a voiding of their results. The user may continue to participate in the events and festivities of the games, but will no longer be considered an official entry.

There are no rules 3.a and 3.b, so which are these? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

There are no rules 3.a and 3.b, so which are these? :p 

Ah sorry, it’s should read “3. National Representation.” It seems like I lost a few numbers in copy and paste :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

One other thing, different disciplines can have different threads for this. Not like there are going to be many threads this year, and besides, I suppose that would help increase the hype around the event. :whistle:

TISC spin-off will have its separate thread at any rate.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

One other thing, different disciplines can have different threads for this. Not like there are going to be many threads this year, and besides, I suppose that would help increase the hype around the event. :whistle:

TISC spin-off will have its separate thread at any rate.

Yes, I was going to open up discussion about the program tomorrow. I was going to tell the technical officials that. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The Totallympics Games Charter has been adopted! We are one step closer to making this idea a reality! I will provide an update on the next step of the process in the next few hours. 

Until the organizing committee of the Totallympics Games figures out where to post all official information, announcements, and documents; a copy of the Totallympics Games Charter will be a available via PDF. You can send me a message if you need a copy :yes

Alright, now let’s talk about events that users want included in the 2020 Totallympics Summer Games. Please be mindful of the rules regarding event eligiblity.

I’m going to leave this process open for a while. The tentative time table is the following:

April 26 - May 31 Event Inclusion Proposals - Users may propose events to be included on the program of the games. Proposals will be presented by users on in this thread. Technical Officials will be appointed for all events provisionally included on the program. All users are welcome to give their thoughts on any of the proposals

Following the conclusion of event proposals, we will open up registration on June 1. The organizing committee will spend the later half of this week coming up with a compete schedule of process leading up to the games. I’d be happy to answer any questions, or take any suggestions about anything relating to the games.

So looking at already proposed events...

Song Contest: I mean, it wouldn’t be a Totallympics Summer Games without one. I’m pretty sure the organizing committee will announce official approval later this week. I can say that @OlympicIRL will for sure be the technical official.

eSailing: I ran a few tests in app earlier this week. This event seems perfect for the games. For what I can gather @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo wishes to be the technical official for this event...

Archery: I haven’t been able to check out the app, but I suggest those proposing it make sure it fits the event guidelines in the Totallympics Games Charter. 
Equestrian: The games is limited to PC, which would seem to limit the amount of users able to play (which would probably be a violation of the guidelines). I like the idea of including equestrian, but I need a more detailed proposal and maybe a different app/program.

Golf: The app looks promising, but I’ve heard it has some gameplay issues. This will require further testing for the time being. 
Curling: The software looks promising, but I’ll need to test it some more. It sounds like quite a few users were interested in this, so it probably has a good chance of making a the program. @OlympicIRL was originally proposed as the technical official, but maybe our in-house curler @Vojthas would like that honor. (I think some else is a curler as well). If anyone knows of a curling application they prefer, I would be willing to check that out as well.

Photography: This is an interesting suggestion. The proposal would need to be expanded upon. @dcro could maybe serve as technical official since he suggested it...I’d also be willing to help with the proposal, as this event is of personal interest to me.

I believe that covers everything so far. I look forward to your responses and other proposals. 

2 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

For Golf, https://www.wgt.com/ is amazing. Free, fantastic multiplayer

Yes that is what I’m talking about. They have a mobile app that I’m looking into to check for universality.

Do you play the game?