website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It's ridiculous that only three duets will end up qualifying. :JPN:UKR:USA will be threats to the team quota too so you may have to finish as high as sixth in the combined total in order to qualify.

When will we know the duo and team qualified for the Olympic Games?

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

WTF HAPPNED?! :question:

Total debacle, indeed. Errors in leg elements, lack of synchronization... A disaster. I'm truly sorry, but I've never seen something so negative from the Ukrainians. It's more like what you'd expect from Morocco or second-tier Caribbean nations.

The good news is that Uzbekistan is in the final :)

The main (and truly the only proper) sport base for artistic swimming in Ukraine was situated in Kharkiv.

Kharkiv is under a heavy shelling from russians from the very beginning of the war.

The national team was evacuated to Kyiv, basin in Kharkiv was hit by russians and its heating system (icluding hot water supply) was desroyed. 

In Kyiv they have to share basin with the divers and do not have the same number of working hours as in their own basin.

So, its a pity but their mistakes have external reason named 'russia' and it is not not their fault.

I hope in team event Ukraine will win its license. This girls really deserve it.

5 minutes ago, avlar said:

The main (and truly the only proper) sport base for artistic swimming in Ukraine was situated in Kharkiv.

Kharkiv is under a heavy shelling from russians from the very beginning of the war.

The national team was evacuated to Kyiv, basin in Kharkiv was hit by russians and its heating system (icluding hot water supply) was desroyed. 

In Kyiv they have to share basin with the divers and do not have the same number of working hours as in their own basin.

So, its a pity but their mistakes have external reason named 'russia' and it is not not their fault.

I hope in team event Ukraine will win its license. This girls really deserve it.

Thank you for this post...

Finally, it's time for the first medal event of these championships! :cheer:

Certainly, all eyes will be on :GRE Platanioti, seeking her first world gold. After many disappointments and a few stolen medals, it would be a truly fitting culmination for her. Also in the medal mix are :AUT Alexandri, :CAN Simoneau, and :CHN Xu.

In the opening group, the weaker one in terms of placements, keep an eye on :NED Steenbeek and :ARU Hoevertzs; I expect two really interesting routines.

15 hours ago, avlar said:

Unfortunately, I had read about the Ukrainian team's story, and I can imagine how challenging it must be to train with hearts full of pain and minds elsewhere. But I must also say that it's not the first year the team hasn't trained in Kharkiv, and I had seen the girls both in Fukuoka and especially during the World Cup. I had never seen such marked errors, an unprecedented distraction in the water. In fact, during the World Cup, they had performed quite well.

I hope the Ukrainian girls recover in the three team events; they truly deserve to go to Paris. And above all, Slava Ukraine!