website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Just now, Monzanator said:

But it was Ukraine who didn't close their air space over a war zone ;)  Ukraine & Iran are guilty of the same neglience here.

Yeah, but that has entirely nothing to do with what I reacted to ;)  ("Unlucky Ukraine , they always shoot their planes")

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, but that has entirely nothing to do with what I reacted to ;)  ("Unlucky Ukraine , they always shoot their planes")

You know well the people who shot down the Dutch plane had Ukrainian passports but were ethnically Russian. Obviously the Western World doesn't give a flying fuck about that anymore. Macron, Merkel & co. are too scared of Putin & the Russian cyber war influence to do anything about it.

So...I can’t fall asleep (like I desperately need to) because I’m too worried about not getting enough sleep during my reporting. What has my life become :wall:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

So...I can’t fall asleep (like I desperately need to) because I’m too worried about not getting enough sleep during my reporting. What has my life become :wall:

Dramatized? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, dcro said:

Today I learned that in Russia it is considered rude to smile at strangers.

No wonder their athletes always appear to be dead serious... :yikes:

Apart from Victoria Demchenko, who sort of pretends to be never smiling but always seems to work very hard to appear in control of her smile when kinda joking around :d 

Historic Day! We may be getting a 28th Amendment to the US Constitution. This amendment would be one of the most important in our history.

Essentially the main issue is that it was supposed to be ratified before 1982 to become law. Unfortunately, only 35 states ratified it then. However, Nevada has since ratified it in 2017, Illinois followed in 2018, and now Virginia has in 2020. Supported say that the timeframe isn’t a part of the actual law itself, so it can be thrown out, while the US Justice Department (under Trump) will seek to disallow it. Moreover, Alabama, Louisiana, and South Dakota (Hard Red States) will launch legal challenges to block it. Honestly, that says so much about what the GOP is and stands for at this point.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The US House of Representatives has also just voted to send the articles of the impeachment to the US Senate.