website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Agreed I'm suprised Iran went with it. Decision should not be changed by negotiation and discussion. Happy that kabaddi is not an Olympic sport doesn't deserve it. 1-1 and things were settled

from what I see most people on social media are furious on our own team for continuing the match and receiving the silver medal. people don't see them as "heroes" who got robbed but as cowards!

but I just watched an interview with Iran's coach, when journalists asked him the same question, he said something like "we talked (with his boss) and finally decided to play because abandoning the match would hurt the sport of Kabaddi in general which we care about regardless of who wins the gold or silver"

personally I think Kabaddi has the potential to develop outside of this region but not with current organization. they don't even have an active website :facepalm: nobody knows when is the next World Cup or the Asian Championship :facepalm: and the officiating is just bad (not necessarily biased, but just bad) and that Iran/India final debacle didn't help at all. in the heat of the moment I was hoping for them to refuse to continue but now after watching that interview I think they did the right thing, someone had to give up. but you expect more from the motherland of this sport to protect it.

Edited by MHSN

6 hours ago, PHI2019 said:

What’s the story behind the men’s cricket final between India and Afghanistan? I’m reading that it’s been called off on account of the weather and that India has been awarded the gold medal.

How dumb. Rain shouldn’t be a huge issue in LA, but this tournament hasn’t exactly got me “chomping at the bit” for cricket being included in the Olympics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

57 minutes ago, MHSN said:

personally I think Kabaddi has the potential to develop outside of this region but not with current organization.

Yes, that :old:

I wanted to learn more about kabaddi after the 2018 Asian Games, so I could follow the sport. I found very little international infrastructure in place. The sport has a lot of potential, in my opinion, but they need to get serious about development and promotion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The organizers also cancelled the women's Lead/Boulder final because of the weather and awarded medals based on the semifinal round :facepalm:which was totally unfair, some athletes don't use 100% of their energy in non-final rounds.

first why the hell we needed both preliminary and semifinal rounds when we had only 23 athletes. 

and second some sports depend on the weather, just don't schedule them in the last day. it's easy

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

The organizers also cancelled the women's Lead/Boulder final because of the weather and awarded medals based on the semifinal round :facepalm:which was totally unfair, some athletes don't use 100% of their energy in non-final rounds.

first why the hell we needed both preliminary and semifinal rounds when we had only 23 athletes. 

and second some sports depend on the weather, just don't schedule them in the last day. it's easy

The bigger question is why the semifinals and finals take place on the same day :spank:

Eight boulders and two lead climbs is a significant task for athletes. 

These Games had great venues, smooth organization, and great attendance. However, the promotion and scheduling/tournament formats leave a lot to be desired. We had redundant rounds, too few matches in some team sports, weird draws in others, etc.

The OCA doesn’t have a lot of pressure to change though, so not sure if those issues will be resolved anytime soon.