website statistics

Pan American Games 2023

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

This is :ISV smallest delegation since 2003 :( 

Yeah, a bit disappointing in that regard, but I do feel like the quality of athletes is good. I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, but a medal doesn’t seem impossible.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, intoronto said:

Another day, another sport Canada withdraws from, this time its men's volleyball. :PUR will replace them, which also means the :USA declined

Must have to do with the proximity to OQT?

:CAN:USA really don’t want to send teams to Santiago :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Must have to do with the proximity to OQT?

:CAN:USA really don’t want to send teams to Santiago :(

Probably cost related purposes. If that was indeed an issue, they could’ve just sent developmental (or B/C) squads, with athletes looking to gain international experience from these big multi-sport meets. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Probably cost related purposes. If that was indeed an issue, they could’ve just sent developmental (or B/C) squads, with athletes looking to gain international experience from these big multi-sport meets. 

It’s more an attitude problem that point. It’s not like these federations are anymore cashed strapped than those sending teams to Santiago. The Games just don’t really seem to mean much to Canada and the United States (outside of Olympic qualification). It would be nice they’d at give athletes the option to self-fund trips to qualification events and the Games themselves.

I'm so happy that finally this competion will be held in chile after two other tries!!

Sadly I live in Argentina now XD, but it's ok, I'm happy for all my friends and family that have booked tickets :D