website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

Last weekend's Red Bull Rookies Cup :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Gender equality has gone wrong way if a women's football is as attractive as men's (which means is totally unattractive). Rugby union - more laying on the grass than moving forward. Speedway - if not half of team from Ekstraliga, Rawicz would have no chance today.

But then it's women's swimming of Modern Pentathlon Polish Cup #2 on Facebook Live of the LOC director - finally something to stick to. "Polish Cup" means Polish-Czech-German-Austrian with mostly juniors and youths - still the best competition so far today.

And then there is season opening curling training in four hours - which I may be broadcasting live on Facebook.

After a great summer of 2017 Jeux de la Francophonie and 2015 African Games replays, I’ve decided to celebrate the four year anniversary of the Rio 2016 Summer Paralympic Games by rewatching those replays. I actually really enjoy the Paralympics, sometimes more than the Olympics since the atmosphere is more chill, the sports are different, and bureaucracy is less annoying, so I’m looking forward to reliving Rio 2016. I spent this week studying up on the history of the Paralympic Games, and creating a document full of statistics to enhance my experience.

I started my anniversary celebration tonight with a replay of the opening ceremony. I haven’t watched that many opening ceremonies. I wasn’t the biggest fan of London’s personally (which I watched earlier this week), so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the ceremony. Rio 2016 now holds the title for my favorite Olympic and Paralympic ceremonies. I watched the ceremony four years ago, but I couldn’t remember much, and I remember NBC didn’t exactly show everything. I really enjoyed the artistic segments focusing on the various “disabilities.” I really enjoyed the pair of blind dancers, the moving pictograms (easily one of the biggest “wow!” moments I’ve had watching a ceremony), and Amy Purdy’s Dance with Kuka. Torch relay will always be remembered for the torch drop and recovery. I’ve already voiced my opinion on loving the Olympic cauldron, so that applies here too. Also, hats off to all the Brazilians who gave their federal government what they deserved by booing for a good couple of minutes; that was highly enjoyable since you just never see that at these types of ceremonies. All in all, a good way to spend four hours on a Saturday night. I’ll spend the next couple of weeks/months watching Paralympic replays until winter sports roll around (or until I have to watch replays of winter sports :p).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

yesterday it was all about NHL Hockey playoffs (final games of round #1) and the first stage of the Sport Climbing World Cup...

today it's gonna be a busier day for sure...still some NHL Hockey (start of playoffs round #2 with Colorado vs Dallas, game #1), but also Soccer (European Champions League final between Bayern Munich and PSG), Golf (European Tour, this week) and maybe some NBA Basketball playoffs if I can still find some time...

1 hour ago, bmo said:

There is too many sports on!!! What do I watch??!?!?! Indy 500, UCL final, PGA Tour, Tennis??

A weird complaint to have during pandemic times :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela