website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

I can’t see Iryna Dekha from :UKR in any weight category 

she was 5th on 81 kg

has she participated?

She was listed in preliminary entry, but was suspended due to potential doping violation. 

The case is not so clear, and it was announced by Natiinal Anti-Doping Agency.

If miracle does not nappen it will be the end for her way for Paris-2024. But it looks like the case will not be added to the total NOCs account.

:BUL David Fischerov was supposed to make weight at 102 kg, but was in a car accident, while on his way to the airport.. Now after missing the WC he won't be at the Olympics. Really bad luck for this guy. He had a great Euro last year, but after that picked up an injury for many months and now this.

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

:BUL David Fischerov was supposed to make weight at 102 kg, but was in a car accident, while on his way to the airport.. Now after missing the WC he won't be at the Olympics. Really bad luck for this guy. He had a great Euro last year, but after that picked up an injury for many months and now this.

As far as I know IWF can make some exceptions under exceptional circumstances. This is just the case of under circumstances.

women's -81kg

Gold: :CHN Liang Xiaomei 281kg

Silver: :CHN Wang Zhouyu 277kg

Bronze: :AUS Eileen Chikamatana 256kg

:CHN Wang won the snatch gold with 122kg, meanwhile Liang won also the C&J gold with a world record mark of 159kg

nothing changed in the OQR of this weight class, except for the absence (suspect doping violation) of :UKR Iryna Dekha, which means that :KOR Kim Su Hyeon is now 10th (she was 11th before Today) with 245kg

women's -87kg

Gold: :TPE Lo Ying-Yuan 245kg

Silver: :COL Yeinny Geles 244kg

Bronze: :KOR Jung A-Ram 241kg

last year's world champion, :NOR Solfrid Koanda bombed out in the snatch phase (3 faults @ 115kg), but won the C&J Gold medal with 156kg, 23 kilos more than the world champion from :TPE (who won the snatch gold with 112kg)

we'll see Tomorrow how much influence these score will have on the super-Heavyweights category (I doubt they will have any, however, as they're already way lower than the -81kg class)

54 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

what's up with your weightlifters and car accidents !? 

if I'm not wrong back in 2008 one of your wrestlers Ismail Redzhep was involved in a car accident on his way to the airport for the Beijing Olympics. and people say we have the worst drivers in the world :d (that's surely correct though)

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what's up with your weightlifters and car accidents !? 

if I'm not wrong back in 2008 one of your wrestlers Ismail Redzhep was involved in a car accident on his way to the airport for the Beijing Olympics. and people say we have the worst drivers in the world :d (that's surely correct though)

There is no info on who's fault was this accident, just that it had happened, when he was on his way to the airport to fly out to the WC.

You are right about Redzhep, though he was a wrestler ;) His car had hit a hole on the road, the tire punctured and went of the road.

What can i say, there is long standing opinion, that weightlifting is cursed here. I can't remember a time, where there isn't some kind of scandal, or issues, or plain stupidity that's happening. At least people aren't dying currently like they did 15-20 years ago.

Though the current crop of athletes are with the same level of WTF, either it's Fischerov's car crash, Nasar's bizarre home incident, Andreev's ongoing mental lapses, or Hristov being thrown out of the team for bad behavior, awful training regime and his attempts to be a rapper...

Still none of them have reached the peak of worldwide weightlifting legend Galabin Boevski, who was caught in Brazil for cocaine trafficking, sentenced to 9 years in prison and then mysteriously released after 2 years without any explanation.  

17 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

There is no info on who's fault was this accident, just that it had happened, when he was on his way to the airport to fly out to the WC.

You are right about Redzhep, though he was a wrestler ;) His car had hit a hole on the road, the tire punctured and went of the road.

What can i say, there is long standing opinion, that weightlifting is cursed here. I can't remember a time, where there isn't some kind of scandal, or issues, or plain stupidity that's happening. At least people aren't dying currently like they did 15-20 years ago.

Though the current crop of athletes are with the same level of WTF, either it's Fischerov's car crash, Nasar's bizarre home incident, Andreev's ongoing mental lapses, or Hristov being thrown out of the team for bad behavior, awful training regime and his attempts to be a rapper...

Still none of them have reached the peak of worldwide weightlifting legend Galabin Boevski, who was caught in Brazil for cocaine trafficking, sentenced to 9 years in prison and then mysteriously released after 2 years without any explanation.  

oh my mistake. I thought Nasar's problem had something to do with another car accident, that's why I said that. still a dumb accident though :d

I can say the same about our Judo which is 100% cursed , we have tons of 5th place finishes at the Olympics :d 

but our weightlifting is also always full of drama, I believe I wrote some of them in this forum, I think I can even write a book about them with Rostami as the poster boy :d

20 hours ago, Federer91 said:

BTW, aren't we allowed maximum three weightlifters for the Paris 2024 Olympics? If that is so I think the ones will be Carlos Nassar, Bozhidar Andreev and maybe Hristo Hristov. Fisherov had no chances.