website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2023

Totallympics

1 hour ago, phelps said:

:IRI are out in the men's Team Sabre :yikes:

they lost 45-42 vs :JPN

not really a big surprise, JPN beat Iran 2-3 times recently. only lost at the Asian Champs

have to say our coach did a stupid gamble putting our 3rd guy (Fotouhi) for the last match. :facepalm: yeah it worked once in past but seriously you must be extremely dumb not using your best guy (Pakdaman) for the last match who actually had a good day. 

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Does anyone else find it stupid, that for a 2.5+ hour broadcast, Eurosport shows only 6 matches?! I may be old-fashioned, but don't know why they don't organise the schedule in a way to show the 1/4, if not the 1/8, as well.

it would take too much time

in the past (until the early Nineties) they used to have the "final block" starting with the quarterfinals, but the rules were different (shorter matches, only 1 weapon each day as there were only 4 events, women's epee and sabre were still to come) and the tv stations basically didn't even know that fencing existed (even the Italian TV used to show just the medal matches as a tape delay after midnight -unless they were really early in the afternoon because of time difference)

I remember the women's Foil in Barcelona 1992...the quarterfinals started at 8 p.m. and the gold medal match ended way beyond midnight :facepalm:

nowadays no TV network would tolerate such kind of fencing marathon

44 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Pointing a sabre towards your opponent, wow... Now i saw everythng. 

I just want to see how it would end up in shooting, if they dare to put Russians and Ukranians in the same competition :whistle:

Edited by phelps