website statistics

Athletics at the European Games 2023

Totallympics

To be fair, we lost valuable points elsewhere. But it is really sad, they could not give poor Vid Botolin that 1 point, he still managed to finished the 5000 m race, no matter what.

Really nice gesture from Croatian athlete. :champion:

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

what a final this was :d

Congrats :LTU , we will miss you in this totallympics thread, return soon among us. :p

Hard luck :SLO

Yeah, we will be away from the usual fun banter, but at least you'll have Ireland back :p 

We are probably gonna get rolled like kids, but it is still going to be absolutely amazing to see us fight in the 1st division. 

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yeah, we will be away from the usual fun banter, but at least you'll have Ireland back :p 

We are probably gonna get rolled like kids, but it is still going to be absolutely amazing to see us fight in the 1st division. 

haha.

Well, enjoy your stay in the elite and no worries, we will wait you :d

3 hours ago, justony said:

What else can I say? @Bearas,  @Werloc & co., congrats to your team. 

It could not got any closer, heart broken. :( :cry:

It really does indeed depend on every single little detail.

I literally thought it was over when our pole vaulter had an NM, but lots of brilliant Lithuanian performances from today brought us back into contention. 

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

haha.

Well, enjoy your stay in the elite and no worries, we will wait you :d

Or perhaps you want to join us in the first league?

We'll relegate the Germans, Italians and Poland in 2025, see you in 2027 maybe? :d 

Decent chance for Edis Matusevičius to stay in a medal position with his 84.22 in the javelin.

Somewhat of a chance for Gudžius in Discus Throw and Karinauskaitė in 3000m Steeplechase.

Other Lithuanians that are still in top three currently: Morauskaitė in 400m, Vadeikis in Long Jump, Truskauskas in 200m, Galvydytė in 1500m, Zarankaitė in Discus Throw, Petrokaitė in Long Jump and the women's 4x100m

I skimmed through the 1st division entry list, and it's safe to say, barring a miracle of some sort, that only the first three athletes have chances retaining their positions, but those that are in the top three currently are still going to have a very solid finish. 

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

This my friend, is one of the things of this world which will never happen :d

I don't know, a couple of years ago our women's hammer throw was 40 metres, our pole vault was 3.10 and 4.40 respectively. We didn't have any decent male runners in 400m (our 4x400m relay was a laughing stock) and longer distances.

Hurdles used to be questionable, weak men's triple jump. Somehow we found a way to make things work.

I miss us being a threat in 100 metres though.

We have some very talented juniors coming through, but two of the guys are not progressing this year and one girl stopped progressing after various injuries. But perhaps we'll see them in 2025 if things turn around for the better.