website statistics

Women's Field Hockey FIH Olympic Games Qualifier 2019

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, LDOG said:

What you mean?

I had no idea Chile had a decent hockey team.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Italian team has no concept of passing and they don't even defend that well (conceding a million PC is not good defending). Just 2-0 is a good result considering this. 

The best players in the team are actually the few italians. All the argentinian girls are awful (not surprising considering almost all of them are from our regional leagues), which probably speaks volumes about the short depth of italian leagues that they have to take such players in the squad.

yeah, Field Hockey is not exactly a popular sport in Italy...no media coverage, no infrastructures (all the outdoor playing areas are only for football or, only in some regions and in any case in small measure, rugby, where we're not good either, but for different reasons than Hockey), no kids playing the game...

we can only rely on all those girls/boys with Italian heritage growing up in Countries where Field Hockey is at least a reasonably followed and practiced discipline...and Argentina, with their 25 or so million people with Italian origins (it doesn't matter if they date back a few or many years), is always the best place to find some hockey players good enough at least to participate in such kind of events...

p.s. however, at least the girls today were not destroyed by GER as it happened last summer against CAN in the Hockey series...

and tbh, today everything that could go against them, it went against them...including that silly mistake that led to the final series of penalty corners, the last one of them gifted Germany the second (hope killer) goal...

:IRL 0 - 0 :CAN 

Ireland put lot of pressure on the canadians but they always have big problems to score goals (like at the World Cup where they scored only 1 or 0 in all their matches except one). I think Canada respect Ireland too much, they should really try to attack more tomorrow. Ireland is a better team but imo not THAT much a better team.

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ireland will go through either way if (when?) South Africa withdraws.

Assuming Germany and Great Britain get the job done. Should Ireland defeat Canada then if South Africa withdraws it would go to South Korea.

I do not know how what happens to our hockey teams......... It is like they just freeze like deer in the headlights....... Wtf did they do against US......... Home advantage, a 5-1 victory in the first leg, playing US which is a has been team......... And India almost snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory:yikes: . ........USA just smashed 4 goals...... F... 

Spoiler

Yes India won the quota 6-5

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• were allocated their first quotas in roller sports (speed skating).
    • Quotas have been updated on the IWGA website. It looks like  got a reallocated quota in the women's event, and  got a reallocated quota in the mixed event.
    • First loss of the season for Team Homan as Team Constantini defeats them 6-2 at the GSOC HearingLife Challenge 
    • it looks that earlier Today the  crew of Ineos Britannia made the decisive break and now they're just 1 win away from the Louis Vuitton Cup and the chance to face Team Emirates New Zealand for the America's Cup   in Today's 2 races, for the first time there was no share of victories between the  and  crews, instead the  guys were simply better than the Italians, who made a capital mistake in the choice of the jib in the 1st race and just lost the start battle (and therefore the race) in the 2nd head-to-head   now Ineos Britannia leads the best-of-13 series by a score of 6-4
    • World Junior Championships ( Dushanbe)   Day #1 Medallists   women's -48kg Gold:  Hui Xinran Silver:  Sachiyo Yoshino Bronze:  Kristina Dudina &  Clarice Ribeiro   women's -52kg Gold:  Iroha Oi Silver:  Senju Nosho Bronze:  Huh Mio &  Alyssia Poulange   men's -60kg Gold:  Yamato Fukuda Silver:  Loiq Kudbudinov Bronze:  Murodil Murodillaev &  Talgat Orynbassar   men's -66kg Gold:  Shuntaro Fukuchi Silver:  Kairi Kentoku Bronze:  German Kobets &  Alessio De Luca
    • World Junior Championships ( Chuncheon)   Day #2 Medallists   women's -46kg Gold:  Lee Yu Min Silver:  Jaycee Bassett Bronze:  Violeta Diaz Arribas &  Oumaima Allassak   women's +68kg Gold:  Magdalena Matic Silver:  Naomi Alade Bronze:  Kimi Laurene Ossin &  Palina Mikhalchuk   men's -45kg Gold:  Dilmurodjon Marufjonov Silver:  Jorge Armando Rodriguez Cordero Bronze:  Zach Gillis &  Jang Sang Won   men's +78kg Gold:  Amir Mohammad Ashrafi Silver:  Aiden Stilley Bronze:  Ivan Lysenko Serrano &  Matteo De Angelis
    • I’m home with the flu. Tomorrow I will start my job as Swedish jury. It will actually be something good to do when I’m not feeling well. 
    • preliminary entry list for the World Championships (non-Olympic weights) 2024   https://uww.org/article/world-championships-non-olympic-weights-2024-entries   Abdulrashid Sadulaev won the Russian trials yesterday (he didn't look good though) and therefore his name is here, as well as another Olympic Champion Zaur Uguev. with David Taylor, Jordan Burroughs and Reza Geraei we have at least 5 Olympic Champions in the list    also interesting to see lots of guys (Berdimuratov, Ganbaatar, Tsakulov, Kaipanov etc) cut weight massively from their usual Olympic weight to wrestle here.  which shows the importance of a World Championship title    ps: 2024 Olympians are not allowed to wrestle here.
    • I genuinely wonder if ski mountaineering is honestly more popular in terms of audience. Cyclocross quite certainly isn't   Although I believe the season is about to start, so Belgian TV will be busy making it look big again  
    • Nordic Combined isnt a big loss. A widely umpopular sport consisting of mixing more popular sports that doesnt really hook anyone.   I rather had his quotas go to SkiMo or Cyclocross, to be completely honest