website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Medal Predictions Road to Paris 2024

23 minutes ago, Noorderling29 said:

According to AD newspaper, they indeed predict Van Vleuten winning two medals.apparently their policy is to only discard athletes that have actually quit, not those that have only announced they will do so.

41 medals is not impossible, but very very unlikely. Everything will have to go our way to achieve that goal.

Thank you, AD has the 13 gold medals listed:

• Lavreysen (team sprint, sprint, keirin)
  • Ellen van Dijk (road cycling time trial)
  • Sifan Hassan (10.000m)
  • Femke Bol (400mH)
  • Field hockey teams (men and women)
  • Sailing 49er (men and women)
  • Horse jumping team
  • Karolien Florijn (single sculls)
  • Sharon van Rouwendaal (open water swimming)

Not as odd as I expected, but definitely don't see all of these happening. I fear our team sprint might not win again and it's still a question whether Ellen van Dijk will return at the same level after her pregnancy (and even then Reusser is probably better). Meanwhile McLaughlin is probably missing from the prediction due to a lack of 400mH races or something.

On the other hand, there are some potential gold medals not on the list (womens road race, Puck Pieterse, Marit Bouwmeester and the breakdancers).

5 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I believe Gracenote Nielsen have released their medal projections for Paris.

:USA 43 Gold  -  43 Silver   -   42 Bronze

:FRA 32 Gold  -  30 Silver   -   11 Bronze

:CHN 26 Gold  -  20 Silver   -   22 Bronze

:ITA 20 Gold  -   13 Silver   -   12 Bronze

:GBR 15 Gold   -  23 Silver   -   24 Bronze

Not sure if anyone can share details of the individual sport breakdown. 

just let me know their pusher!

he/she must have very good material! :smoke:

5 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

no way we can get all those gold medals (not that I don't hope to see a miracle Games for :ITA but really, where do 20 gold medals come out from? only if everything goes much more than well, with everybody overperforming...actually, having the day of their life all together)

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

no way we can get all those gold medals (not that I don't hope to see a miracle Games for :ITA but really, where do 20 gold medals come out from? only if everything goes much more than well, with everybody overperforming...actually, having the day of their life all together)

Think they are expecting big things for Italy in the pool with potential "best ever performance"

40 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Thank you, AD has the 13 gold medals listed:

• Lavreysen (team sprint, sprint, keirin)
  • Ellen van Dijk (road cycling time trial)
  • Sifan Hassan (10.000m)
  • Femke Bol (400mH)
  • Field hockey teams (men and women)
  • Sailing 49er (men and women)
  • Horse jumping team
  • Karolien Florijn (single sculls)
  • Sharon van Rouwendaal (open water swimming)

Not as odd as I expected, but definitely don't see all of these happening. I fear our team sprint might not win again and it's still a question whether Ellen van Dijk will return at the same level after her pregnancy (and even then Reusser is probably better). Meanwhile McLaughlin is probably missing from the prediction due to a lack of 400mH races or something.

On the other hand, there are some potential gold medals not on the list (womens road race, Puck Pieterse, Marit Bouwmeester and the breakdancers).

well, that's not a crazy preview like the 20 gold medals for :ITA 

I mean, they didn't consider a Dutch gold in the women's road race (cycling), MTB (VDP among the men and/or Pieterse among the women), no other Track Cycling medal, no "gambles" on fight sports (and in Judo you have some chances), only 2 gold medals in Sailing (when you have at least 3 big contenders)...

Just now, Rafa Maciel said:

Think they are expecting big things for Italy in the pool with potential "best ever performance"

:roflmao: the only good swimmer left is Ceccon, we're lucky if we can get the same 3 silver, 2 bronze total we got in Tokyo 

our only chance is repeating in Athletics (not impossible, considered that we have 1 more race walking event favourable to us and Iapichino seems to be ready to become the next big thing in women's LJ...Jacobs and the men's 4*100m of course don't have a chance to repeat themselves) and sweeping the Fencing and Shotgun Shooting events (which gave us something like 0 gold medals in Tokyo)

and we also have more chances, but really...20 gold medals is crazy

8 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Pablo Escobar was part of Gracenote Nielsen team?

4 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

26 medals for Brazil... Well, I think this is only possible if our volleyball repeats the performance of 2022 (We won two medals indoor and 3 in beach volleyball at the world championships) and boxing, gymnastics and skateboarding won together for the least 8 medals. I don't know if I'm confident for that to happen. It's possible, but optimistic.

That's not happening :p

Currently predicting a women's Beach volleyball medal and that's it (in Tokyo we also won only 1 Volleyball medal which was a huge decrease from previous editions)

Canada is projected to finish with 9 golds (!!), 6 silver, and 9 bronze for a total of 24 medals (Same as Tokyo). 

I'm thinking a couple of those gold medalists would be Summer McIntosh (Swimming- 400m IM/200m IM/400m Freestyle), Phillip Kim (B-Boys), Maggie MacNeil (Swimming- 100m Butterfly), Christa Deguchi (Judo- 57kg), Tammara Thibeault (Boxing- 75kg) then ??? Bit optimistic if you ask me :p

Edited by Josh

41 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

That's not happening :p

Currently predicting a women's Beach volleyball medal and that's it (in Tokyo we also won only 1 Volleyball medal which was a huge decrease from previous editions)

I'm afraid Duda/Ana Patricia will have a bad week and we'll finish the Olympics without a medal in that sport. :pope:

But I still believe that the women's volleyball team and Andre/George are decent enough to win a medal. The others only if a miracle happens. Today I would bet on 2 medals, but I'm being very optimistic, I confess.