website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Medal Predictions Road to Paris 2024

39 minutes ago, dodge said:

Well they have some to win medals who haven’t even qualified (eg the Jamaica men’s 4x400m relay in athletics) so you have to take them all with a pinch of salt 

They have Summer McIntosh winning medals in the 200 and 800 free, neither of which she's racing. They also have Pierce LePage winning a medal in decathlon even though he's not going to be there (this one is more forgivable since he pulled out just days ago due to injury). 

1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

They say here Ryan Crouser has some problems with an elbow…

actually, Crouser has more serious problems...he's dealing with blood clots, his training regime is not the same as it was 2+ years ago and you can clearly see it when you look at him, his belly has gone too far and his speed in the circle has gone down too

I'll be really surprised if he hits the 23m mark and wins the gold medal

On 7/20/2024 at 9:10 PM, Josh said:

Pretty much exactly the way my mind works. One day I think Canada will win 27 medals and 10 golds, the next 18 and 5 gold. 

Sometimes 10 gold sometimes 5...

Dear god, for Ireland to have those sort of ambitions, we'd have to have actual bloody leprechauns over there right now making the f*****s for us!

3 hours ago, dodge said:

Well they have some to win medals who haven’t even qualified (eg the Jamaica men’s 4x400m relay in athletics) so you have to take them all with a pinch of salt 

SI seems to have been slipping lately. In the pre-Internet days, I loved their Olympic preview issues including full medal predictions when that was the only place you could find that info.

52 minutes ago, canadafan2024 said:

SI seems to have been slipping lately. In the pre-Internet days, I loved their Olympic preview issues including full medal predictions when that was the only place you could find that info.

I have a vague memory that its staff room was gutted relatively recently

3 hours ago, canadafan2024 said:

I remember anticipating their magazine in stores before the Olympics every year. The last time was the 2010 Olympics, I believe. It's indeed gone downhill. 

They (SI) have a history of predicting Greece for medals in events that we did not even qualify in and I guess it happened again here with Despina Georgiadou winning silver in the women's sabre, in 2012 I remember they said our women's water polo team and Ioannis Arzoumanidis in wrestling would win medals, neither qualified though :lol:

10 hours ago, dodge said:

Sports Illustrated predictions for every event

Haven't they seen the Badminton draw. They predict Akane Yamaguchi to win gold and An Se Young to win silver, but they are expected to meet each other in the quarters