website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2016

hckošice

1 hora atrás, heywoodu disse:

And even with that draw they only finally got a win in the semi-finals (where their opponent was even missing their best player)...yeah, Portugal has been a lot more lucky then France :p 

So Gareth Bale didn't played in semi-finals? :p

(and don't forget that Portugal played the semi-final without Pepe, who's probably one of the main reasons my country reached the semi-finals  :))

Edited by kungshamra71

1 hora atrás, crovitlaci disse:

And you say Portugal didn't have luck with Iceland, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland and Wales? :d Come on, that is probably the easiest draw in history for some team to qualify to the final of Euro/World Cup (ofc with this format of at least 16 teams).

Yes, I can admit that. This Euro's playoffs were divided into the strong team's side and the weak team's side, and with a incredible amount of luck (it was Iceland's win that put us in 3rd place) Portugal got a path to the final with much easier teams :d

The good news is that, because of that, we reached the final.
The bad news is that, at the final, we'll face a team from the "strong side"... :wacko::fingers:

9 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

So Gareth Bale didn't played in semi-finals? :p

(and don't forget that Portugal played the semi-final without Pepe, who's probably one of the main reasons my country reached the semi-finals  :))

Who says Bale was their best player at this tournament? :p 

Sure, he's the most famous one, but everywhere I read basically everyone said Ramsey was the big man this tournament. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minuto atrás, heywoodu disse:

Who says Bale was their best player at this tournament? :p 

Sure, he's the most famous one, but everywhere I read basically everyone said Ramsey was the big man this tournament. 

I'd assume he's the Pepe of Wales then? If so, then it's even :d

Btw, they're saying here that he may not play as well in the final.... :facepalm:

My final opinion about the match yesterday:

It wasnt the referee's fault that we lost. I think according to the rules it really was a penalty, but there are enough referees who wouldnt have given a penalty there, especially in a semifinal. We were the better team although we missed 3 important players + Gündogan + Reus (+ Lahm, Klose and Mertesacker), but France deserved to win, because they were very effective, while we couldve played for 10 more hours without ever scoring a goal. For me its just sad that:

1) Hummels got 2 yellow cards for nothing

2) We made 2 huge mistakes to gift 2 goals to France. Without all those stupid mistakes we probably never wouldve conceded a goal in this tournament.

3) We were so extremely unlucky that we had so much injuries (Gündogan, Reus, Rüdiger, Gomez, Khedira, Boateng).

I hope that Portugal will win the final, because i think that Ronaldo finally deserved a big title with his national team and because i am a huge fan of Renato Sanches. I still think that some people did everything to see France in the final, but that happens pretty much always with the host, obviously it wasnt as bad as with South Korea in 2002 ...

The worst thing for me about the match yesterday was the celebration by Griezmann after his second goal, for me it was extremely disrespectful and in addition to that it looked extremely stupid. Nevertheless Griezmann has been the second best player of the tournament for me, but clearly behind Bale. I think he doesnt have a very good technique, but he seems to be a french version of Thomas Müller. He never plays really good, but somehow he always manages to score out of nowhere.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Acum 16 ore, crovitlaci a spus:

And you say Portugal didn't have luck with Iceland, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland and Wales? :d Come on, that is probably the easiest draw in history for some team to qualify to the final of Euro/World Cup (ofc with this format of at least 16 teams).

Ok, but those teams are on the same level as Portugal. 

Juste maintenant , OlympicIRL a déclaré:

Looking forward to the final, I can only imagine how you're feeling.

Bonne chance! :)

Thank you :) I'm scared of watching it :lol: (I will watch it of course, but it's gonna be very stressful... and painful if we lose ^^)