website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2016

hckošice

il y a 5 minutes, kungshamra71 a déclaré:

Well, thanks! But honestly I don't think you (or I) will have that much luck.

To me both France and Germany would be equally difficult: Germany as you say always wins to Portugal (we say here "Futebol é 11 contra 11 e no final ganha a Alemanha"/"Football is 11 against 11 and at the end the winner is Germany"); and France has the home advantage + Platini advantage (and is always the team that crush our dreams).

But I would have preferred Germany, because if we loose, I would preferred to loose to Germany (I'm a big fan of the German football), and because I hate France :p

Nice...

Il y a 2 heures , hckosice a déclaré:

okay made a quick stats, and France is absolutely amazing in matter of performing during Major events at home.

They hosted Euro 3 times, World cup once and they never lost a match since the start of Euro 1984 :bowdown: an unbelievable streak Euro 84, World Cup 98 and Euro 2016 so far. trust it or not but last time France lost a match at home in a major event tournament was yes ofc with Czechoslovakia :d in bronze match in 1960.

Twice, but, ok, that was a long time ago (1938).

France had a huge luck so far. Romania, Switzerland, Albania, Ireland and Iceland...weak teams. Now they beat Germany but Germany played with a lot of young players (which are good quality footballers, especially Kimmich). Schweinstenger and Neuer qualified France in the final, not Griezmann ;) Go Portugal!!! :fingers:

3 hours ago, vlad said:

France had a huge luck so far. Romania, Switzerland, Albania, Ireland and Iceland...weak teams. Now they beat Germany but Germany played with a lot of young players (which are good quality footballers, especially Kimmich). Schweinstenger and Neuer qualified France in the final, not Griezmann ;) Go Portugal!!! :fingers:

And you say Portugal didn't have luck with Iceland, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland and Wales? :d Come on, that is probably the easiest draw in history for some team to qualify to the final of Euro/World Cup (ofc with this format of at least 16 teams).

13 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

And you say Portugal didn't have luck with Iceland, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland and Wales? :d Come on, that is probably the easiest draw in history for some team to qualify to the final of Euro/World Cup (ofc with this format of at least 16 teams).

And even with that draw they only finally got a win in the semi-finals (where their opponent was even missing their best player)...yeah, Portugal has been a lot more lucky then France :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yes, this format sucks. For me personally it would be best to return the previous format or to have 32 teams and then without the group stages, knockout matches starting from Round of 32 without the seeded/non-seeded/whatever teams. That would be interesting. :d

4 hours ago, vlad said:

I've to agree with this, otherwise I will be forever upset for waking up at 2 AM just to watch this match (GMT+7 here) :lol:

I hope France failed in the final after beating Germany (just like Italy :p). Let Portugal be the feroces soldats which will cut the French throats :p