website statistics

Taekwondo WT World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

The problem definitely isn't with Russian athlete , it's with these stupid referees who made such mistakes and thankfully the Jordanase athlete at least won a medal , so he can walk with something at least , I don't think any athlete would accepted to play the match again,  because it's definitely not his fault 

Edited by thepharoah

Today's Results

women's -67kg

Gold: :FRA Magda Wiet Henin

Silver: :JOR Julyana Al-Sadeq

Bronze: :NOR Mari Romundset Nilsen & :CIV Ruth Gbagbi

women's -73kg

Gold: :FRA Althea Laurin

Silver: :GBR Rebecca McGowan

Bronze: :CRO Matea Jelic & :WHT (:RUS) Polina Khan

men's -58kg

Gold: :KOR Bae Jun-Seo

Silver: :WHT (:RUS) Georgii Gurtsiev

Bronze: :ESP Adrian Vicente Yunta & :JOR Mahmoud Altaryreh

3 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I was under the impression that you could only be eligible for the continental qualification if you had less than 2 athletes qualified through the world rankings pathway. Given :GBR are likely to qualify with Jade Jones and Bianca Cook, I don't think we would be able to enter any women into the continental qualifying although we would be able to enter the men's tournament.

yes, you're right

you can only qualify more than 2 athletes by Ranking.

if you have reached that target, you can't enter the Continental OQT (and if you have 1 qualified athlete through the OQR, you can only enter 1 weight class in the Continental OQT).

final update, it looks like :ITA Vito Dell'Aquila, who gave up a minute into the second round vs :JOR Altaryreh earlier Today, was still injured (he almost broke a couple of ribs a month ago) and that's the true reason behind his very poor performance with no stamina at all (at this point I'm asking myself how he could get past the first 2 fights? maybe the painkiller lost effectivness through the day? :mumble:).

meanwhile, criminal draw in the men's -80kg Tomorrow: no.1 seed :ITA Simone Alessio might have to face the reigning world champion :KOR Park Hyun-Woo already in the quarterfinals :yikes: :facepalm:

reigning world silver medallist (:ESP Cintado Arteche) and Tokyo 2020 silver medallist :JOR El Sharabaty are also in the top half of the draw.

not exactly a well balanced draw, to say the least.

poor Vito...not only he had to manage the old injury...yesterday he also broke his right hand in the fight vs the man from :JOR 

that's the true reason why he gave up during that match.

hope he's not going to miss too many of the next competitions (unfortunately, the next Grand Prix event in :ITA Rome is not an option anymore :facepalm:).

a few minutes ago, :ITA Roberto Botta advanced to the round of 16 in the men's -87kg class, but he did it only because of the Russian Kamalov being DSQ by landing a very hard punch to the face of the Italian, who went down and took quite a while to re-establish himself after the hit.

I don't know if he'll be able to fight in the next round (he should face :SRB Mahdi Khodabakhsi) :mumble:

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

a few minutes ago, :ITA Roberto Botta advanced to the round of 16 in the men's -87kg class, but he did it only because of the Russian Kamalov being DSQ by landing a very hard punch to the face of the Italian, who went down and took quite a while to re-establish himself after the hit.

I don't know if he'll be able to fight in the next round (he should face :SRB Mahdi Khodabakhsi) :mumble:

As far as i know he wont be allowed to continue even if he wants too

Lucky Khodabakhshi

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

As far as i know he wont be allowed to continue even if he wants too

Lucky Khodabakhshi

yeah, but I'm pretty sure he can't.

I mean, he was really KO. I fear he has a concussion. I wouldn't let him continue in any case, if I were the Italian staff. Sure they will say something about it before the next round is starting.